Draft perspectives: biggest needs as of right now? (1 Viewer)

Most of these player want be let out of their current teams city but there are some good names out there,here is the link for linebackers 2011 Free Agents

Defensive End

Ray Edwards, MIN
Richard Seymour, OAK
Mathias Kiwanuka, NYG
Tamba Hali, KC
Marcus Spears, DAL
Shaun Ellis, NYJ
Trevor Pryce, BAL
Chris Kelsay, BUF
Charles Johnson, CAR
Mark Anderson, CHI
Matt Roth, CLE
Jason Hatcher, DAL
Stephen Bowen, DAL
Cliff Avril, DET
Reggie Hayward, JAC
Brian Robison, MIN
Derrick Burgess, NE
Victor Abiamiri, PHI
Ryon Bingham, SD
Jacques Cesaire, SD
Victor Adeyanju, STL
Stylez White, TB
Dave Ball, TEN
Jacob Ford, TEN

Defensive Tackles

Haloti Ngata, BAL
Brandon Mebane, SEA
Aubrayo Franklin, SF
Johnny Jolly, GB
Cullen Jenkins, GB
Pat Williams, MIN
Bryan Robinson, ARI
Gabe Watson, ARI
Alan Branch, ARI
John McCargo, BUF
Nick Hayden, CAR
Tank Tyler, CAR
Robaire Smith, CLE
Ronald Fields, DEN
Eric Foster, IND
Atiyyah Ellison, JAC
Ron Edwards, KC
Paul Soliai, MIA
Fred Evans, MIN
Barry Cofield, NYG
Jay Alford, NYG
Chris Hoke, PIT
Travis Johnson, SD
Ray McDonald, SF
Clifton Ryan, STL

The good news I think OLBer maybe the deepest position in this year's draft.

Haha or you could have just gone with the honest answer that you've never seen him play. Lacks quickness and athleticism?

Closing speed at :18, quickness at :40, closing speed at 1:05, strength at 1:17, speed rush at 1:25. Yes he is white, but he doesn't lack athleticism or quickness.

I have watched him a few times. I know him. I do like him as an instinctual active player, but he doesn't have a great first step, he uses his arms well, but he gets stalemated far too much. Several of his big plays were him just being in the right place at the right time - not his athleticism. I said he's a solid mid round to late round pick. I could care less if he's white. That has nothing to do with it. Would I draft him, yes. I would start considering him in the 4th round.

I am not a fan of combine type numbers in most situations. I am a fan of film. Even in the biased highlight film you provided, you can see if he doesn't drop his hips naturally - he isn't super quick off the snap, and he gets engulfed by good tackles.

I watch a lot of college football. Anyone on this board - whether they like me or not - will tell you that. Kerrigan is a very solid college player and a below average team surrounded by little talent. Yet he isn't double teamed much at all. Watch an entire game of his and you will see that he's simply not a super athlete or prospect. But he is a good one. Like I said.

Doesn't BC have a pretty good DE/OLBer?

Also if Shepperd runs a good 40 time I think he would be a pretty good 2-3 round OLBer prospect.

So freak, using your listings and where you have guys projected, who/when would you prefer the Saints draft in the first three rounds? Assuming a late (very late?) round position and that they have to take a OLB, DE, and NT with the first three picks.

If Da'Quan Bowers or Jeremy Beal were there in the 1st round, I'd jump at one of them. But although it's still very early, I doubt either will still be there at the bottom of the 1st round. So, to just throw out an early draft projection - using only players I've listed:

1 - Jarvis Jackson, Clemson, NT, 6'4 315lbs. Right now I grade him as a solid late 1st to early 2nd round pick.

2 - Ryan Winterswyk, Boise St., DE, 6'4 267lbs. He could go hight than the bottom of the 2nd, but a mid to late 2nd round grade is where I have him now.

3 - Colin McCarthy, Miami, OLB, 6'3 249lbs. I think he'll likely be a mid to late 2nd round pick, but he could fall to the 3rd rd pick we get from the skins.

Please note, this is still very early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Winterswyk go as high as the late 1st. He's a gifted player pass rusher. But, there you go.

the way this season and past seasons have gone with our running back health, im convinced that we will draft a RB this year

i dont think we need one and we dont run enough to merit spending a high draft pick on one......but if someone slips, like a noel devine, that fits best in a pass first offense, dont be surprised if we scoop them up

after watching bushrod get spanked again last night i think we need to look at OT early in the draft and i also believe we need a good NT to play next to ellis. sed is having a standout season and ayodele is playing well above what hes known for.....but i think hes only a backup and an upgrade could be imminent

Brown will replace Bushrod next year

as it stands now i see OLB, DE, DT, RB, WR, being positions to upgade next year.

First off, i'd like to say that i'd be all for trading up to draft Nick Fairley if the price is our 1st + 2nd or lower.

DT--Paul Soliai (mia) and John Mccargo (buffalo) could fit in N.O. and save us a draft pick.

DE--Vernon Gholston would be more talented than any end that we could possibly draft in the late first round so if he gets released hopefully we can make play for him.
Sam Acho of texas is a guy i really like because of his high character and he now has 19 sacks over the last two years. He's highly athletic and could replace wilkerson. I also want to see more of Ryan kerrigan in the all-star games. Robert quinn would be a match made in heaven for us.

SLB--Thomas Howard and chad greenway seem to be the obvious choices in FA while guys like Dontay Moch or Brooks Reed would probably fit well here in the draft. Thomas howard and Antwan barnes are two of the fastest linebackers in the NFL.

RB-- Brian Leonard (bengals); (DRAFT) Mikel leshoure, Bilal powell, Alex green, and Keith payne are all big physical guys with speed and/or power to wear down a defense.

WR--(Draft) Ryan broyles-is like lance moore with more speed and can contribute on STs and is a threat on every level of the defense. He could be our version of wes welker to pair with moore and reggie bush or possibly replace bush in the even that he departs.

SS--if Roman harper leaves we might want opt to pursue Dawan landry or Danieal Manning of the bears.

current wish list:

Free agent--Thomas Howard, Vernon Gholston, Paul Soliai, (WLB) antwan barnes, (RB) Brian Leonard

Draft---Ryan broyles, Sam Acho, Alex Green, Keith Payne

#1. Dynamic, athletic, explosive pass rushing DE.
alg_justin_tuck.jpg

#2. Versatile, athletic, blitzing 4-3 OLB (preferably a SLB with Casillas likely returining as the starting WLB next year).
L_Briggs_030208_ia.jpg

#3. Stout, wide bodied, space eating NT.

nfl_g_hampton-wilfork_bipanel_576.jpg

#4. Backup SS.

atari%2Bbigby%2BRams%2B2007.jpg

#1. Dynamic, athletic, explosive pass rushing DE.

#2. Versatile, athletic, blitzing 4-3 OLB (preferably a SLB with Casillas likely returining as the starting WLB next year).

#3. Stout, wide bodied, space eating NT.

#4. Backup SS.
atari%2Bbigby%2BRams%2B2007.jpg

only bigsby is a FA.

An impact outside linebacker

A DE to take over when Brown's contract expires next year

A fleet footed wideout....Henderson has been missing for much of the season

A bruising running back.....someone we can count on that hopefully won't get injured

Ayodele is the long term answer at NT as long as Gregg Williams is here, so don't waste your time on that position

I think we are way too short on OLBs. I'd like to see us draft one in the 1st round, if he grades high enough.

I'd like to get a big run stuffing DT. Someone that would allow Ellis to be more aggressive. Push the middle of that line back into the QB.

Maybe a LB/DE hybrid, someone that is a speedy pass rusher.

I know this is unpopular, but I wouldn't mind picking up a backup QB in an early round. It would be nice to have a Steve Young or Aaron Rodgers in training behind Brees.

Least wanted picks: CB, Safety, WR, TE (I think we have these positions covered with outstanding young talented players.

we have one of these....

Juneyah!

OLB is by far our biggest weakness. Casillas had 1 good game against the Pats in preseason, Im not sold on him being the answer. We will pick the bpa at 32 again though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom