Draft pick point values? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Whoever knows more about the values than I do. What would it take pick wise for the Saints to trade up to #1? Trying to show friends how much we would need to give up. I assume at least 2-3 #1 and #2's?

Here you go.

As a general rule, future picks are valued as one full round lower in the current slot for every year in the future.

So, for example, if we offered Cincy this deal:

-2020 1st (740)
-2021 1st (340)
-2022 1st (150)

That would equal 1230.

It wouldn’t even be HALF of what we need to get up to number-1 (3,000).

So, yeah. It’s impossible unless they value one of our players at an insanely high level above and beyond a current first-rounder.

Value chart 2020

here’s one I like.

according to that chart
#1 = 3000
#24 = 740

So that’d mean that we would probably need four 1st rounders to pull it off. Late second rounder are worth about 150 points, so you can see how it probably wouldn’t make a huge dent in the calculation.

Depends on which draft value chart you are using. There is the old one and there is an updated one that teams are using now.

This is supposedly close to the new one teams are using.

Pick 1.1: 1,000 points

Pick 24: 237 points
Pick 88: 47 points

The picks in Round 1 range from 1,000 to 184 and in Round 2 from 180 to 80.

Teams down grade future picks by 1 round, so a round 1 next years has the value of a round 2 this year. Although, there is an article that discusses teams go off of gut feeling on that and the value really doesn't equate to that.

I think draft choices also matter more to different teams. If you're in a market where no free agent wants to go then draft picks become more crucial to your future success. Cincinnati is likely a team that values draft capital a bit more than others. Look at the small market towns with a history of mediocre/awful play. They can't buy a high quality free agent even with gobs of open salary cap. Think Buffalo, Cleveland, Tennessee historically.

Heard it from a sauce that the Bengals want our 2020 and 2021 1st and Mike Thomas.

Actually it wasn't a sauce, but that's likely an offer they would at least consider. So it sort of answers the question of what it would take.

Would anyone actually consider including MT to move up to get Burrow? And still have to eat all his guaranteed money?

Heard it from a sauce that the Bengals want our 2020 and 2021 1st and Mike Thomas.

Actually it wasn't a sauce, but that's likely an offer they would at least consider. So it sort of answers the question of what it would take.

Would anyone actually consider including MT to move up to get Burrow? And still have to eat all his guaranteed money?
He's the only player I wouldn't move in return for anyone, in any situation, unless someone was willing to overpay out the wazoo for him.

But what kind of sauce? If you heard it from Stubbs, maybe you are on to something. Like wings?

If Drew retires, this scenario is definitely a possibility, but Wow! are we willing to give up two of our Best young players for QB......whom will sit on the bench for at least five games in his first season.........Saints would be crazy to jump on this!

If Drew retires, this scenario is definitely a possibility, but Wow! are we willing to give up two of our Best young players for QB......whom will sit on the bench for at least five games in his first season.........Saints would be crazy to jump on this!
If the Bengals would take it, I'd be willing to trade that all day long. No way in hell the Bengals do that though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom