Saints Draft picks depend on how hungry the draftee is (Saints time machine) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
In 1967, the Saints picked up a WR from Xavier (OH) in the 17th round: Danny Abramowicz.

The dude was slow... like maple syrup in Winter.

Yet, he led the Saints in receptions in each of his first 5 years. He also led the NFL with 73 receptions for 1,000+ yds, and was named First Team All-Pro (in 1969).

**1000 yds were in a 14 game regular season**

The Saints’ first “Mr. Clutch!”

I’m hoping for the Saints to grab a boatload if picks & UDFA’s with Danny’s heart!

:gosaints:

These guys getting drafted today are all supremely talented. Work ethic and the desire to be great are what separate the good from the great.

100% of them are talented and have a work ethic.

Jamarcus Russell was a talented prospect. But he couldn’t hold a candle to Abramowicz’ heart and grit.

Jamarcus Russell was a talented prospect. But he couldn’t hold a candle to Abramowicz’ heart and grit.

When I first saw the OP yesterday, I thought it was going to be a thread about Saints picks that ate themselves out of a job, like Jonathon Sullivan who spent more time at the buffet line than he did in the weight room.

As my avatar says DA was my favorite Saint growing up , They called him the guy with million dollar hands and 5 and dime feet. Desire , dedication and work ethic are just as and maybe more important than talent

100% of them are talented, but no, not all of them have a good work ethic. Someone mentioned Sullivan, he's a case in point, and there have many, many, many talented players who made a quick exit from the NFL because of their lack of work ethic and heart.

100% of them are talented, but no, not all of them have a good work ethic. Someone mentioned Sullivan, he's a case in point, and there have many, many, many talented players who made a quick exit from the NFL because of their lack of work ethic and heart.

Re-read my post. I said that all of them are talented and have a work ethic.

The operative word is “good” (work ethic). Not all of ‘em have that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom