Draft Picks for Next Year (1 Viewer)

cdub1014

Rookie
Reaction score
Could someone give me the run down on the # of draft picks we have for next year and in what rounds they are in? I know we made some pre-season trades that gave us more picks, but forgot which rounds they are in. Thanks

Off the top of my head

1st
2nd
3rd
4th / 4th / 4th (could become 3rd)
5th
6th
7th

And we may get some compensatory picks (but probably not much if anything)

The loss of Bentley, Fakhir, and Howard (via free agency) has to be tempered with the consideration of the fact that we signed Brees, Fujita, etc. (via FA), when considering the awarding of possible compensatory picks. Bentley & Howard were 2nd rounders; Brees, IIRC, was also a 2nd, so in theory at least, the loss of Howard is offset.

The loss of Bentley, Fakhir, and Howard (via free agency) has to be tempered with the consideration of the fact that we signed Brees, Fujita, etc. (via FA), when considering the awarding of possible compensatory picks. Bentley & Howard were 2nd rounders; Brees, IIRC, was also a 2nd, so in theory at least, the loss of Howard is offset.

Part of the formula is performance and post-season honors....Bentley won't be getting any of that. I'm guessing we'll be lucky to get anything this year.

Part of the formula is performance and post-season honors....Bentley won't be getting any of that. I'm guessing we'll be lucky to get anything this year.

We waste our compensatory picks anyway..........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom