draft picks (1 Viewer)

1) We have all draft picks.

2) The pick for Mare was actually a 6th rounder and was given up last year, not this year.

So did we have 2 4th rounders for this year? I am guessing we gave one of them up for what's his name. Oh yeah, for Toaster. Well this would be good news then if we still have a 4th.

we gave up 1 of our 3 4th rounders in the last draft to get Jason David

as far as i remember, we have all 7

not a penny more, not a penny less

here's to losing a low rounder for Vilma though

Vilma would be great if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't mind us trading all of or day 2 picks for players that can start. You don't usually get starters on day 2 anyway. Evens and Colston are rare finds. Evens may have been a 1st day though (don't remember). Spend 1-3 on DL or DB's. I wouldn't mind if we got Howie Longs son. The big OT. If and only if, we fill all our holes on D with FA's.

Vilma would be great if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't mind us trading all of or day 2 picks for players that can start. You don't usually get starters on day 2 anyway. Evens and Colston are rare finds. Evens may have been a 1st day though (don't remember).

That's simply not true. It's up to a team to develop those players, but ultimately the NFL is made up primarily of 2nd day picks or undrafted free agents. In fact, if I remember correctly the stat shown last year during the broadcasts was that 28% of all players are actually undrafted. No, of course they don't all start, but simple logic tells you that more players start that are undrafted or 2nd day picks than first day picks (based on numbers alone).

Heck, look at the Saints starters from the last game of the season. Of those players:

4 first rounders
4 second rounders
1 third rounders
2 fourth rounders
2 fifth rounders
0 sixth rounders
3 seventh rounders
6 undrafted players

Obviously this varies throughout the year, but the Saints (and most teams) have the majority of their starters found in the later rounds or undrafted. Now, Evans and Colston are the exception due to how quickly they become starters, but not based on the fact that they became starters. Good talent is available late. That said, of course I would trade a pick or two for Vilma if he passed a physical, but to say starters can't be found late is a misnomer.

Vilma would be great if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't mind us trading all of or day 2 picks for players that can start. You don't usually get starters on day 2 anyway. Evens and Colston are rare finds. Evens may have been a 1st day though (don't remember). Spend 1-3 on DL or DB's. I wouldn't mind if we got Howie Longs son. The big OT. If and only if, we fill all our holes on D with FA's.

Wrong Long bro. Howies son is Chris Long, the DE from Virginia and he's a monster!

Wrong Long bro. Howies son is Chris Long, the DE from Virginia and he's a monster!
Don't know why I thought he was the big mammoth OLman. Oh well it's not the 1st time i've been wrong and probably wont be the last lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom