Draft position updated (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For those not wanting to hear about if 37 games go our way and we win out to get into the playoff's here is more realistic conversation:) Not intending to stir the pot with the eternal and I mean eternal optimists:)

We currently would be drafting 12th if the draft were to happen today. The win yesterday moved us back 4 spots. Last week we were picking 8th.

I'd say we split and finish 7-9. That probably lands us about the 13 to 15 range.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the love of all things holy, beat Atlanta please

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I sure wish we could get a top 5 pick one of these years we miss the playoffs. Sick of barely missing and then getting a middle of the road draft pick.

kennydfresh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
People aren't going to like this but we will beat the Bucs this week, no doubt about it, not even close, but lose to the Falcons the last game, to finish 7-9. Just high enough to draft either Derek Barnett or Zach Cunningham(best LB in the draft).

SaintsfannMI

Rookie
Reaction score
Are you kidding me. This is the Saints, we have been doing this for years. We are out of the playoffs that means we will win out. Lol. Don't take me the wrong way I have been a fan since 1980. This is what we do. When games dont matter we win out.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a weak draft at the top, though a number of cornerbacks will go in the first round. I do not have a feel on how high Tim Williams will go, but it is possible that we are playing ourselves out of a draft position to pick him or Cam Robinson.

2009ring

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you rather be the Browns and have a top 5 pick every year, no super bowl trophies, and have the season be over by week 6 every year??

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you rather be the Browns and have a top 5 pick every year, no super bowl trophies, and have the season be over by week 6 every year??
Not every year. Just this year at this point in the season.

OP
Cajun Chat

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is a weak draft at the top, though a number of cornerbacks will go in the first round. I do not have a feel on how high Tim Williams will go, but it is possible that we are playing ourselves out of a draft position to pick him or Cam Robinson.
I'd take Tim Williams, Reuben Foster or Cam Robinson. I think 1 of them will be there in teh middle of the 1st round.

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'd take Tim Williams, Reuben Foster or Cam Robinson. I think 1 of them will be there in teh middle of the 1st round.
I think Williams, Foster, and Robinson will all be there in the 10-20 range. I'm not sure Robinson is really a need, though.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Probably out of Fournette range but players like Derek Barnett, Mike Williams, or Oj Howard should be available in that range.

Walter football also has Curtis Samuel (a Reggie Bush or Brian Westbrook type player) as eligible this year.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Put me squarley in the trade up to get Fournette camp, however. A player like him could not only help Brees but also help the next qb transition quicker in the post-brees era.

Like I mentioned before he reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams but hopefully with less fumbles.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Put me squarley in the trade up to get Fournette camp, however. A player like him could not only help Brees but also help the next qb transition quicker in the post-brees era.

Like I mentioned before he reminds me a lot of Ricky Williams but hopefully with less fumbles.
I've been pretty against it, but only because of the need for o-line and a pass rusher.

Since I really don't know much about Guard and Tackle prospects, is there anyone that is absolutely a can't pass up player in the 1st round?

I'm just trying to go through possible scenarios. Would it be better to acquire a guard in free agency?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom