Draft position updated (1 Viewer)

I'm on the opposite end of a lot of these comments. Word is, O-line is weak in this draft. I would rather address O-line in free agency and draft defense. DE and CB are deep in this class, and those are two areas we could desperately use an upgrade. Would also love to maybe grab a solid LB in the first round. But would be all for drafting guards in the mid to later rounds to see if we can find a diamond in the rough there.

Agree with this approach. Offensive linemen are relatively cheaper. Work on defense through draft. Need speed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure wish we could get a top 5 pick one of these years we miss the playoffs. Sick of barely missing and then getting a middle of the road draft pick.

Just wait until Brees hangs em up, then we'll have lots of terrible seasons for you to enjoy.

My take is yes. One of these guys will be available in round #2.

Feeney
Lamp
Moton

But. Do you give up a premier pass rusher, or premier weakside linebacker, to get a guard?

After seeing the recent struggles at Guard, yes I think the Front Office would go with a guard if the one they like is available in the 2nd. I think they would've taken Ifedi this year if he had slipped.

I'm hoping they shore up RT and RG in FA. Then get some young studs in the draft. If they could get 3 players as good as the top 3 from 2016 draft I would be ecstatic. Not to mention the later round picks.

Blah blah... Fournette... Blah blah... Garrett... Blah blah... Trade up...

People who think there are only one or two players in every draft need to wake up. You play to win, you find and develop the best available, in a culture built around winning. Tanking is (literally) for losers.

I'm hoping they shore up RT and RG in FA. Then get some young studs in the draft. If they could get 3 players as good as the top 3 from 2016 draft I would be ecstatic. Not to mention the later round picks.

For the love of all things holy, beat Atlanta please

Agree, would love the miracle season where we somehow end up in the playoffs, but realistically no we will not.

A small consolation would be, for us to beat Atlanta and either knocking them out of the playoffs or hurting their playoff position. Where they have to travel to Seattle, New York, Detroit or Cowgirls. Even if the make the playoffs, hurt them team badly (not ruin their career of course) were they are practically useless in their next game. One and done in the playoffs.

Guard and defense unless LF falls to us.

Every year we win at the end and pick in the middle. Happens every year.

Fournette will be gone long before we pick, and were we to trade up to pick him, then Loomis should be summarily fired.

Trading up is normally for suckers. Stop doing it.

Updated order going into the last game. Breakdown of results from all scenarios.

We'll be picking anywhere from 10th to 18th.

-LoE

NFL Draft 2017: How a win or loss Sunday affects Saints' first-round standing | NOLA.com
The Saints could select as high as 10th and as low as 15th in the 2017 draft if they lose the Sunday finale to the Falcons, and as high as 15th and as low as 18th if they win and finish with an 8-8 record.

The Saints could be one of as many as six teams to post a record of 7-9, or one of as many as eight teams to finish the season at 8-8.

In sorting through the various strength-of-schedule tiebreakers in those scenarios, it appears the Saints (7-8) would hold the 10th pick in the draft if they lose to the Falcons, and if five other games go a certain way.

In those games, the Eagles (6-9) must beat the Cowboys, the Cardinals (6-8-1) must beat the Rams, the Bills (7-8) must beat the Jets, the Colts (7-8) must beat the Jaguars and the Vikings (7-8) must beat the Bears.

The Saints would move one spot down from 10th for each win by those five teams, which could drop the Saints to as far as 15th.

The nine teams assured of selecting ahead of the Saints are the Cleveland Browns (1-14), San Francisco 49ers (2-13), Jacksonville Jaguars and Chicago Bears (3-12), New York Jets and Los Angeles Rams (4-11), San Diego Chargers (5-10), Cincinnati Bengals (5-9-1) and Carolina Panthers (6-9).

The Panthers are assured of selecting ahead of the Saints even if the two teams end the season with identical 7-9 records due to what would be a stronger schedule played by the Saints.

Should the Saints win Sunday, it appears the Saints would select no better than 17th if the Buccaneers (8-7) lose to the Panthers and the Titans (8-7) lose to the Texans.

The Saints could slip to 18th should the Ravens (8-7) also lose to the Bengals, but their exact order will not be determined until after Sunday due to their slim SOS margin.

The Saints would select 15th with a win, and if the Bucs, Titans and Ravens all win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom