Draft Prediction: DT at 29 (1 Viewer)

With Onyemata and Tuttle signing with a couple of teams in our division, and Hargrave signing an $84M contract, I think we are happy with the prospects we think will be available at 29.

I'm thinking Mazi Smith.
What has Mazi Smith shown to be first round pick?? I keep seeing his name pop up here but his tape is just so underwhelming

He's a late 2nd type of guy.

There’s a few inside/outside defensive linemen I could definitely see being great picks at the end of round 1, but Bryan Bresee is the DT that I think will be the best in the class (outside of Jalen Carter if his personal woes work themselves out). I feel his true draft value will be a lot higher than media perception. The only knock on him is an injury history, but nothing major that would deter his talent. On the field he is an elite prospect. If he somehow makes it to 29, I hope he is the pick.

With Onyemata and Tuttle signing with a couple of teams in our division, and Hargrave signing an $84M contract, I think we are happy with the prospects we think will be available at 29.

I thinking Mazi Smith.
With Onyemata gone I think that’s accurate. Kaden Ellis and scheme (blitzing ILB’s) changes how you approach DT at the 3tech position.

Less value there and more on a NT. Would still bring back someone like Sheldon Rankins but you don’t need to spend big.

We’ve come a long way from the Manti Teo, Craig Robertson days with regards to talent at LB.

Cheers to that

We hope Kancey Falls to us but I dont think he will.

I can’t see how he gets past the Chargers. He’s tailor-made for that defense with his agility and two dynamic edge rushers to keep tackles wide. He will probably go higher, but I imagine that’d be his furthest fall. He’s a very different player than the other IDL in this class IMO. He could be special.

I really like Keion White as a base-end that kicks inside on passing downs. I feel like it’s not hard to find Shy Tuttles that can space-eat and hold up at the point of attack, but guys that can hold their water against run blockers and get pressure on the QB from inside when they are isolated are gold. I think Keion White is going to be a better pro than he was in college. His traits excel in a pass happy league.

There’s a few inside/outside defensive linemen I could definitely see being great picks at the end of round 1, but Bryan Bresee is the DT that I think will be the best in the class (outside of Jalen Carter if his personal woes work themselves out). I feel his true draft value will be a lot higher than media perception. The only knock on him is an injury history, but nothing major that would deter his talent. On the field he is an elite prospect. If he somehow makes it to 29, I hope he is the pick.
Injury history and pad level. Low man wins and Bresee is never the low man.

Outside of Calijah Kancey, there isn't really a DT that I like within 5 picks of us..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom