DRAFT PROSPECT: CB Johnthan Banks (1 Viewer)

Banks honestly reminds me of Mike Mckenzie minus the Dreads . Big , faster than he looks and a 4.4 is pretty good but banks has really quick feet and is a willing and efficient tackler . Like I said he reminds me of Mike Mckenzie

Only if we're going to be using a lot of zone with CBs.

You can say it was the knee but

1) he had a fantastic 2011 playing mostly zone

2) he looked great matched up in man against inferior athletes

3) got blistered by better athletes at WR the second half of the season

Maybe it was the knee. Personally I think he's just a zone guy. Nothing wrong with it, Ronde Barber is going to the hall of fame as one. But I don't think he has the hip flip to be a man guy and he isn't even as big (thick) as Nnamdi so I question whether you could even bump-and-run him (as Rob Ryan did in Oakland).

Banks honestly reminds me of Mike Mckenzie minus the Dreads . Big , faster than he looks and a 4.4 is pretty good but banks has really quick feet and is a willing and efficient tackler . Like I said he reminds me of Mike Mckenzie

McKenzies a fair comparison as well and, also, a zone corner.

There aren't a lot of man 6-2 CBs in the NFL and the ones that are are thick and strong enough to play bump-and-run (think Seattles CBs)

Only if we're going to be using a lot of zone with CBs.

You can say it was the knee but

1) he had a fantastic 2011 playing mostly zone

2) he looked great matched up in man against inferior athletes

3) got blistered by better athletes at WR the second half of the season

Maybe it was the knee. Personally I think he's just a zone guy. Nothing wrong with it, Ronde Barber is going to the hall of fame as one. But I don't think he has the hip flip to be a man guy and he isn't even as big (thick) as Nnamdi so I question whether you could even bump-and-run him (as Rob Ryan did in Oakland).

Trust me I have seen every Miss State game the last 2 years Banks is the real deal . He tweeked is knee on a punt return and it didn't look good I was surprised he kept playing but it was as plain as day that from that point on he was a few steps slower and favored the knee . Trust me teams would never have tried picking on him unless he was hurt they saw it and exploited it . When healthy Banks is as good as it gets

McKenzies a fair comparison as well and, also, a zone corner.

There aren't a lot of man 6-2 CBs in the NFL and the ones that are are thick and strong enough to play bump-and-run (think Seattles CBs)

Mckenzie was a Man to Man corner that was known for bump and run and never got his due around the league . whodats know he was clutch in man coverage and one of the best corners in football .

Mckenzie was a Man to Man corner that was known for bump and run and never got his due around the league . whodats know he was clutch in man coverage and one of the best corners in football .

You're right, not sure what I was thinking

You're right, not sure what I was thinking

It happens lol . But truly it was Banks knee that cost him the last few games , when it happened I wasn't sure he would play the next week at Alabama and when he did Bama went at him as did AtM and Ole miss . He was half the player after the knee . On the bright side he was a top 10 pick so maybe we get lucky and those games make him slide to us .

I think trading down a few spots and picking up a 2nd rounder is our best option. Pick up Xavier Rhodes in the 1st then best OL prospect in 2nd and aiming for Paul Kruger in FA.

I think trading down a few spots and picking up a 2nd rounder is our best option. Pick up Xavier Rhodes in the 1st then best OL prospect in 2nd and aiming for Paul Kruger in FA.

I would love to have a 2nd in this draft but it probably going to depend on who is there when we pick at 15 if our top choices are gone I can see us trading back . In my opinion it wouldn't be smart to pass on a Talent like Johnathan Banks if he is on the board when we pick , his up side is just to great .

We must get better at db and Banks and Rhodes together would do just that if we trade back to 22 we still could get Banks we might have to reach a little for Rhodes but it should be worth it.,we play a lot of big WR's and we are small at corner they have a lot of underrated andd overrated pass rushers in this draft I rather go save with to big cover corners then go pass rusher and when the guy just gets 4 sacks next year everybody wouldn't be screaming bust,and a terron Armstead is a very good sleeper at LT,but I'm a SEC guy and I know Banks is the real deal and Rhodes is as physical as any corner in this draft so I know this could be a great way to start back contending in this division,and would send a message to ATL dat we got something for Julio and Roddy!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom