DRAFT PROSPECT: OLB Trevardo Williams (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
hi-res-6534370_display_image.jpg

This guy was a beast last season but has not played against any really good competition and needs to add on some size to better hold himself down against the run. He will probably be a 5th round prospect or so depending on how well he is in the combine. I think he would be a good pick up late if we could not manage to get a good early OLB. Williams is a beast pass rusher but I don't think he will be able to play the run right away in the NFL so I see him as someone who could come in to rush with Tez, and Galette in the nickel or on blitzes. He has a GREAT first step and is pretty good with his hands. I expect him to run his 40 at the combine in the 4.45-4.55 range which is great for a pass rusher. He also bends really well and uses his smaller height to his advantage by bending so low around the OTs that they can't keep their hands on him. He would be a great addition IMO if we moved down in the 1st, picked up Lane Johnson and a pick and then later in the draft picked Trevardo up for depth behind Galette and Wilson.

2012 Stats: 42 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss, 11.5 sacks and a forced fumble.

2011 Stats: 12.5 sacks, 15 tackles for a loss, 43 tackles and two forced fumbles.

Player Comparison: Broncos DE/OLB Elvis Dumervil

69522545.jpg

Connecticut_logo.gif
Trevardo Williams, OLB, Connecticut
Height: 6-2. Weight: 233.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

12/22/12: Williams played well overall in 2012. He had 42 tackles, 13.5 tackles for a loss, 11.5 sacks and a forced fumble. The one game in which Williams didn't have an impact was against Rutgers.

8/30/12: Williams came out of nowhere to be one of the most prolific pass-rushers in college football in 2011. He racked up 12.5 sacks, 15 tackles for a loss, 43 tackles and two forced fumbles. However, almost a third of his sacks came in a four-sack game against Rutgers.

Williams had 6.5 sacks in his previous two seasons. He also needs to gain weight as he doesn't looks like a 3-4 edge-defender. Williams needs to become more consistent against the run this year, but still produce a quality sack total. Otherwise, he will be labeled a flash-in-the-pan one-year wonder.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ue1om66B_HU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7903324690_95c20f8795_z.jpg

he looks big as hell for 233. Good prospect to pick up and rush in passing situations. I think people are underestamting what gallette could possibly do in a 3-4

Ill put my money on the table with anyone that Gallete will have a breakout year 12-14 sacks. Kids relentless and earned it the hard way. He's been consistently getting better as a complete defender. Now u put him in the 3-4 and i don't see any tackles that can really deal with him. Hes short@ 6'2 as well so he is able to dip much the same way. Elite 1st step and JR has a plethora of PR moves.

he looks big as hell for 233. Good prospect to pick up and rush in passing situations. I think people are underestamting what gallette could possibly do in a 3-4

Ill put my money on the table with anyone that Gallete will have a breakout year 12-14 sacks. Kids relentless and earned it the hard way. He's been consistently getting better as a complete defender. Now u put him in the 3-4 and i don't see any tackles that can really deal with him. Hes short@ 6'2 as well so he is able to dip much the same way. Elite 1st step and JR has a plethora of PR moves.
Who is JR??? I also think Galette will break out. Trevardo is a beast and turn the corners real well and gets low doing it. He reminds me a lot of Elvis Dumervil.

Who is JR??? I also think Galette will break out. Trevardo is a beast and turn the corners real well and gets low doing it. He reminds me a lot of Elvis Dumervil.

Jr = junior = junnyah = gallette

Btw I would love to et this kid he has the length to add 10 pounds and would be a terror at rolb

Dude looks great standing up and surprisingly strong vs the run

Dude looks great standing up and surprisingly strong vs the run
Yea but he will need to put on more weight if he wants to stop the run in the pros. He is very strong, you can see that although he is light, he is big but he will need more weight to anchor against the run in the pros.

Me likey.....

233. That dude looks too huge to be just 233. O well we will find out at the combine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom