Draft questions and answers (1 Viewer)

kooldak

Retired
Administrator
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
nfl_draft_reggie.jpg

By Pat Kirwan/NFL.com

April 20, 2007) -- The fascination with the NFL draft is at an all-time high. Football fans love to play GM and think through how they would handle the draft. Every week I get asked so many questions about the draft process that I thought I would share some of them with you.

WHICH POSITION IS THE SAFEST TO PICK IN THE NFL?

Obviously there is risk with every player and position. The level of conjecture when evaluating what an athlete did in college as to how it relates to professional football is difficult at best. How the money may influence a player is another can of worms that no one can pinpoint for sure. But when it comes to putting a "safe" tag on a single position, especially for first round selections, it is hard to beat the offensive linemen.

Scheme helps the development of linemen. A young tackle can be helped with a tight end or a running back "chip" blocking. A tackle can also move to guard for a year or two, just like Jonathan Ogden did when he first entered the league. The offensive coordinator can even go to a more quick-pass attack, and if the quarterback is able to get the ball out of his hand quickly, problems don't surface.

Full Story - NFL.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom