Draft Recap.. It All Worked Out As Planned.. (1 Viewer)

we can dig up the old threads from 2017 when half the board was like " why did you move up for a RB in the third round from Tennessee that nobody knows, when you just signed Peterson!!"

we... know... nothing....
Fans are so fickle. I trust the process. Give the guys a chance to show their grit and heart.

we can dig up the old threads from 2017 when half the board was like " why did you move up for a RB in the third round from Tennessee that nobody knows, when you just signed Peterson!!"

we... know... nothing....
I totally agree with what you said.

Most of our draft picks will be backups this season but I expect the Saints to use maybe a 3rd and 4th pick from next year to trade for a CB and DT to fill out this years roster.

You are seriously delusional if you think the first 3 draft picks are all going to make a major impact this coming season.

I'll be happy if they all just see the field at some point.
Not At ALL Delusional.. These guys can play!!

Add Payton Turner to the DL rotation Day One. Another long-armed, big-bodied player to add to Jordan and Davenport, Turner will get some reps. Then the fact that the team lost so many reps (Hendrickson, Brown and Rankins) in free agency makes it more likely that the kid will play.

Then you will like the Round 2 Pick, he'll play and Werner will give the front seven a fast, down-hill duo with Davis in the hybrid defensive sets DA likes..

We all know the Round 3 CB will play. The Saints are having trouble signing a veteran CB, so a rookie could start opposite the Saints former DROY and push PRob down the depth chart.

On the final day.. I believe the QB is a Taysom replacement and all drafted players (plus or minus a player or two) will be on the roster or practice squad when the season starts this September.

GO Saints!!!

Most of our draft picks will be backups this season but I expect the Saints to use maybe a 3rd and 4th pick from next year to trade for a CB and DT to fill out this years roster.
This is clearly a post-Brees rebuild. The team had mortgaged the future to get veteran free agents around Brees and now its time to right the ship.

This was a good draft and the roster has spots available. So, let's see what happens.

GO Saints!!!

Book may well be the Qb of the Future, but right now, I'd bet that Siemian is the #2 QB if Winston is the starter and Hill the SAK.

(I'm hoping, though, that Book shines brightly and indeed becomes the backup...)

Book is not the "QB of the future".. Book is Taysom 2.0

Has anyone ever seen Taysom slide? Running QBs get injured and Taysom's best offense is his mobility. Book is a runner, too. And he is a better passer than THill.

If Siemian makes the roster, it will be because the team wants a reliable arm holding the clipboard. Brees liked veteran backups and that may continue with Winston. But Payton likes Book so he could end up on the practice squad. And from PS to roster next season. jmo..

GO Saints!!!

Significant contributions and great things are two totally different thought processes, I believe you are over exaggerating his words. He talks about rotational pieces and fulfilling 3 departing players roles for Turner. Adebo was considered a 1st round pick before skipping out 2020.

I think they will also have a meaningful impact in some way or another.

I believe Taysom goes back to his joker role and Ian Book becomes #2, this makes our offense that much more efficient.

We agree. The Saints didn't a slate of ROY candidates. The team picked late in the rounds and made the most of the depth at CB, WR and OL. Heck, the DE class has been compared to Cam Jordan's draft class and that is some "high cotton".

Bottom line.. free agency and salary cap issues forced some holes in the roster and Loomis and company needed to do just what they did.

GO Saints!!

You did read where he said all 3 will have a significant impact, not just "be in rotation"?

The OP is expecting great things from all 3 in year 1. That's nowhere near reasonable expectation in any draft, much less ones in which we have players we need to "develop".

I hope he's right and I'm wrong. He needs to be right because this is a pivotal draft to determine if we'll continue to be a force in the league.

With the exit of Hendrickson, Rankins and Brown, do you realize how many snaps were lost in free agency? We can expect Tuttle and Roach to step up but that's two guys who were already in rotation. They will need rest and that's why the Saints needed a high motor, big body guy with long arms in Round One!!

Werner is the Kiko Alonso/Alex Anzalone LB the Saints have wanted since they sought to upgrade Klein.. and Adebo should be CB2, if the Saints don't get the right free agent CB.

The UDFAs has some interesting players included, too. Let's see what happens.

GO Saints!!!

In his defense he does seem slow as many thumpers are. šŸ˜‚
Say Hump you know whats funnier than that, his "highlight" film that has NO HIGHS, just regular ol tackles where his feet stop chopping/churning. I know exactly why this false narrative is brewing about ol Pete Werner being a good acquisition...

Sean Payton will one day get this right, it's not gonna start with ol Petey neither! This is too funny!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You are seriously delusional if you think the first 3 draft picks are all going to make a major impact this coming season.

I'll be happy if they all just see the field at some point.
I'm not delusional. I think all three will definitely have an impact their first year.

Say Hump you know whats funnier than that, his "highlight" film that has NO HIGHS, just regular ol tackles where his feet stop chopping/churning. I know exactly why this false narrative is brewing about ol Pete Werner being a good acquisition...

Sean Payton will one day get this right, it's not gonna start with ol Petey neither! This is too funny!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
You know I havenā€™t held my tongue about it. Thereā€™s been 15 years of this and I donā€™t see it ever changing. SP has a ā€œtypeā€.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom