Saints Draft Recap Videos (Sean, Turner and more) (1 Viewer)

I do appreciate everyone posting videos, but I thought we were putting all of the videos in one thread? It was late last night, so I probably could be mistaken

After listening to SP’s interview, I’m at piece with the fact that he strongly feels like they did their homework, and they felt like Turner was in a different category. If that’s what he feels, then cool. Let’s roll.

At least he knows the players on defense. Knowledgeable.

After listening to SP’s interview, I’m at piece with the fact that he strongly feels like they did their homework, and they felt like Turner was in a different category. If that’s what he feels, then cool. Let’s roll.
I'm with you. Gotta trust Coach and staff.

But at the same time, here we are again with what appears to be an oft-injured potential-laden prospect. When there were other players available that appear to address other glaring holes on the team... players that are not prospects, but appear to be more pro-ready. I think this is what gives me, and possibly other fans, the angst. Of course we want this to pick to work out - prove all us doubters wrong. But the first round pick should be a guaranteed starter. Not . . . potentially.

I'm with you. Gotta trust Coach and staff.

But at the same time, here we are again with what appears to be an oft-injured potential-laden prospect. When there were other players available that appear to address other glaring holes on the team... players that are not prospects, but appear to be more pro-ready. I think this is what gives me, and possibly other fans, the angst. Of course we want this to pick to work out - prove all us doubters wrong. But the first round pick should be a guaranteed starter. Not . . . potentially.
Agree 100%. I think at this point, I’m completely done with getting my hopes up and trying to make sense of the draft, from a roster standpoint. That’s why little by little, i stopped looking at/doing mock drafts. Heck, I can pretty much tell what direction 25-30 teams will select, but I can never figure out what we are thinking. Although we should all be able to by now. Either DL, OL, CB. Find the raw prospect with a low grade and high ceiling that scores pretty high in RAS. If we select a punter in the second, that wouldn’t even surprise me at this point.

When there were other players available that appear to address other glaring holes on the team... players that are not prospects, but appear to be more pro-ready.

And that's where I have a problem with the pick. The kid could turn out to be an absolute stud... but we won't know for a while. We didn't need developmental DE in the first round, but we did need a speedy playmaking LB (Jeremiah O-K).

I know we can find another player at the positions that we need to fill, so its not THAT big of an issue, but I just think we could have gotten a better plyer at a position of need. If the staff says that they had this kid higher on their board than JOK, then all we can do is believe them. But if they had JOK rated higher, then why even have a draft board if you're not going to follow it?

Just my opinion.

What's going to prevent him from being a contributor and still show flashes of a stud rusher in year 1? Is he not going to be in the rotation? I don't see any reason why he's going to be sidelined here.

What's going to prevent him from being a contributor and still show flashes of a stud rusher in year 1? Is he not going to be in the rotation? I don't see any reason why he's going to be sidelined here.

They have to plug him in there to justify the pick, so he'll get a chance to contribute. I'm also sure they'll groom him to eventually replace Cam. But...

- We have no other starting-caliber cornerback on the roster unless you want to see P-Rob and PJ out there opposite Marshon. Speaking of Marshon... that idiot Goodell just might suspend him for a few games for his gun incident. So now we'll probably have to reach for a corner in the coming rounds when there were higher graded corners still available (Asante Samuel Jr, Tyson Cambell, Ifeatu Melifonwu).

- We have no other starting-caliber linebacker on the team to pair with Demario. We all experienced life with a real LB like Kwon, and the results were amazing for our defense. Zach Baun is not Kwon and I don't think he'll be. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was there for the taking.

- Safety is not really a position of need now but Malcolm Jenkins is getting old, and will need to be replaced. Marcus Williams is playing on the franchise tag. We could have taken Trevon Moehrig at 28 and let him learn on the job. But that pick would have had more value than taking the DE.

Just so many directions we could have gone that would have made more sense, but I hope the kid balls out for us. He's one of us now.

Well, we have Cam and Marcus both making right at $10 million or more. Turner most likely won’t get into the high snaps percentage. I think that’s the issue that most have. Had we taken JOK, then we would know that he was drafted to be in the starting rotation from day 1. Same can be said for a CB. Like I said, if this is what SP wants, then I hope this pays dividends. Honestly, I would like to see TB12 getting thrown to the turf. That would please me. So all is not bad. The rest of this draft will give us a better picture of what SP and company are thinking. Just no dang Rick Leonard picks please.

I keep hearing SR members compare Turner to being another Davenport, but from what I am hearing and reading I believe he compares more favorably to Cam Jordan. His character, leadership, playing through injury, sense of humor, intelligence, love of the game, & a non stop moter, up to the point of saying he doesn't take any plays off. I am really leaning toward a younger, faster, stronger Cam.

It is also alluded to that maybe not a day 1 starter, but day 1 rotational player that will make an impact and just get better and better. That's kinda impressive and damn sure lifts my hopes of him in our D.

Imagine you have Davenport's longer lengthier frame, with Cam's motor. Playing next to Cam, learning fram Cam & Nielsen, with the ability to make an impact in rotational playing time!

More I hear & read, the more excited I am getting about this pick for 2021 and future seasons.

Just my $.02

Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom