Draft related Stewart had toe surgery today out 4-6 months (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart underwent surgery on his big toe Wednesday. He'll be out four to six months.
If Stewart heals quickly, he'll have a chance to be ready before the start of training camp. Still, Stewart will miss all pre-camp work and his draft status will likely be affected severely. It's a somewhat similar situation to Adrian Peterson's in 2007, but Stewart's potential isn't on that level. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him fall to round two. Mar. 13 - 6:51 pm et

Didnt see that coming

Dude, i'd trade up in the 2nd to get Stweart. The value there is too much.

this is precisely the scenario we would need to trade down a few spots in case a team like the lions (who just let go of kevin jones btw...tatum freakin bell is currently their starting rb) would want to go after rashard mendenhall, especially with teams like carolina and chicago picking immediately in front of them.

Dude, i'd trade up in the 2nd to get Stweart. The value there is too much.

If he's sitting there in the 2nd I don't think you can justifiably pass on him. If he's there in the early second I could actually see us trading up for him. Payton showed last year with Pittman, on a smaller scale of course, that he's not afraid to step up and grab a player that he has rated highly. Not to mention we made that pick with a healthy Deuce. It wouldn't surprise me at all for him to be a Saint.

If that's a turf toe injury, I wouldn't want anything to do with a RB who needed that surgery.

I know there were a lot of teams interested in him in the later part of round one(18-31). If he is there in the second you cannot pass on him he is a first round talent and would be a future replacement for Deuce. Heck if he is there in the second it could possibly lead to a trade back type scenario because if anything holds true in the draft it is a large amount of moving goes on between rounds 2-7.

If he's sitting there in the 2nd I don't think you can justifiably pass on him.

I can. He's injured. The Saints have Deuce, Reggie and P. Thomas on the roster. Plus, a top defensive player that can come in and start on the very needy Saints defense will be available in that spot.

He's had injury problems before (ankle). Not sure about him in the 2nd.

You might be able to justify picking him straight up in the 2nd, but to trade up for him would be bad. We can't afford to give up anymore picks, especially to trade up for an injured player at a position we are stacked at.

You might be able to justify picking him straight up in the 2nd, but to trade up for him would be bad. We can't afford to give up anymore picks, especially to trade up for an injured player at a position we are stacked at.

If for some reason he is there I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Texans make a play to move up and get him. They really need help at corner and RB. That will probably be where they go in the first two rounds and most of the talking heads in Houston say they have an eye for him, but at this time of the year who really knows:idunno:

If for some reason he is there I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like the Texans make a play to move up and get him. They really need help at corner and RB. That will probably be where they go in the first two rounds and most of the talking heads in Houston say they have an eye for him, but at this time of the year who really knows:idunno:

I have a feeling we are going to make a trade in the 2nd or 3rd to recoup that 4th we gave up. We do alot of trading once the first round is over.

I don't think he'll fall much at all due to this

This may help us. If one of the teams behind us badly wants an RB, they have one less option and may have to trade up to guarantee Mendenhall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom