Draft rumor: Saints targeting multiple WRs (1 Viewer)

40 yard dash times change nothing.

They confirm or they prompt a scout to review more film. There is no scout or personnel guy out there saying "Damn, Mims ran 0.1 second faster over 40 yards than I thought he would run. He going to cost us millions now." Lol...

Do you think that Scouts didn't know Denzel Mims was fast before yesterday? They knew, just like they knew he is a terrible route runner, he gets pushed around by DBs and drops too many passes. They also knew that was the report on him last year and he spent an entire football season not getting better. He is still a day 2, maybe day 3 prospect.

Draft projections from people on TV mean exactly jack ****. You keep referring to what people say on TV as if NFL Scouts and GMs have it turned to the NFL Network to get advice. That's not the NFL. That's television. It's not real. You need to understand that. NFL teams have been watching these guys play ball for years. There is not going to be a dramatic change after an afternoon of field day activities one winter day in Indianapolis.
Now you are just rambling.

Several of the tv analysts like Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah are professional scouts by trade.

Go to bed and give it a rest, huh?

Several of the tv analysts like Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah are professional scouts by trade.

This doesn't prove your point like you think it does.

You sure he isn't Tyreek Hill?

PFF thinks he might be every bit as good as Jeudy.

You really should read this:

"While Jeudy is certainly the number one receiver on PFF’s board for the 2020 class, there’s another guy who isn’t too far behind. TCU’s Jalen Reagor would have put up similar eye-popping numbers to Jeudy if the former had a quarterback like Tu’a Tagovailoa. The Horned Frogs quarterback trio of Shawn Robinson, Michael Collins and Grayson Muehlstein combined for almost twice as many turnover-worthy plays (27) as big-time throws (15). TCU passers threw accurate passes at the fourth-lowest rate of any Power-5 program. The fact that Reagor still put up 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns is a minor miracle with how often he was missed badly with tons of separation like the play below.

That alone was 79 yards left on the field, and it didn’t stop there. Reagor actually had more targets 10-plus yards downfield with more than two yards of separation than Jeudy (26 vs. 24), but only 13 catches on them compared to 18 for Jeudy. When it comes to separating, Reagor is arguably the best at it in the class. He reportedly ran a 4.32 40 last spring and was the Texas state long jump champion back in high school. He’s as explosive a receiver as there is in college football and is murderous on the vertical route tree.

Mike Renner

@PFF_Mike
· Apr 2, 2019
Replying to @PFF_Mike
Reportedly ran a 4.32 prior to last season. I believe it. Apparently no one told Boyd though

Mike Renner

@PFF_Mike
Embedded video
6:06 PM - Apr 2, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Mike Renner's other Tweets
Unlike most deep threats, Reagor is far from a one-trick pony. He only dropped five of 76 catchable passes last season, converted 15-of-31 contested-catch opportunities and broke 11 tackles. At 5-foot-11, 195 pounds, Reagor is the prototype for where the game is headed for the receiving position in the NFL. At this time next year, don’t be surprised if we’ve heard both Jeudy and Reagor’s names called within the first 10 picks of the draft."

Bruh this guy just ran slower than Devin Duvernay.

Wait so you're trying to tout Raegor's 40 time as a positive? He was the 11th fastest WR at the combine. Almost the entirety of his value is based off of his speed, because he's not big, tall, strong, polished, or smart. He needed to basically be the top, or one of the top WRs in the 40 to hold his spot.

He's fool's gold, just like Tavon Austin was. And Austin is actually fast.

Wait so you're trying to tout Raegor's 40 time as a positive? He was the 11th fastest WR at the combine. Almost the entirety of his value is based off of his speed, because he's not big, tall, strong, polished, or smart. He needed to basically be the top, or one of the top WRs in the 40 to hold his spot.

He's fool's gold, just like Tavon Austin was. And Austin is actually fast.
You must've missed Superkid's post 2 pages ago where he showed Reagor beating Okuda and OSU's other 1st rd corners on shorter routes showing incredible toughness.

He still basically tied or surpassed everything Jeudy did at the combine. His broad, vertical and shuttles were better than Jeudy.

Terry Glenn also ran a 4.47 as basically the same height and size as Reagor and he had 90 catches as a rookie.

The guy posted a tenth of a second faster than 2014 2nd rounders like Davante Adams and Allen Robinson.

He is plenty athletic and fast enough.

Whether he runs a 4.2 or not he gets open like he does just like Antonio Brown does at 4.48.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-28-19-29-40.png
    Screenshot_2020-02-28-19-29-40.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 3
You must've missed Superkid's post 2 pages ago where he showed Reagor beating Okuda and OSU's other 1st rd corners on shorter routes showing incredible toughness.

He still basically tied or surpassed everything Jeudy did at the combine. His broad, vertical and shuttles were better than Jeudy.

Terry Glenn also ran a 4.47 as basically the same height and size as Reagor and he had 90 catches as a rookie.

The guy posted a tenth of a second faster than 2014 2nd rounders like Davante Adams and Allen Robinson.

He is plenty athletic and fast enough.

Whether he runs a 4.2 or not he gets open like he does just like Antonio Brown does at 4.48.

Right but Jeudy actually consistently demonstrated top tier traditional WR skills like fighting the CB, catching the ball, running precise routes, etc.

Raegor, despite a few YouTube highlights, has not consistently shown that. At all.

So did Terry Glenn and Jerry Rice.

Your point fails.

He still is arguably the best deep threat in the draft.

Lol. Rice and Glenn are completely different types of WRs than Raegor. Raegor's value lies in his speed, not polished WR skills like Rice.

When you draft a "speed WR" that's 11th fastest in his class, you're gonna have a bad time.

Right but Jeudy actually consistently demonstrated top tier traditional WR skills like fighting the CB, catching the ball, running precise routes, etc.

Raegor, despite a few YouTube highlights, has not consistently shown that. At all.
You must've watched one or two plays by Reagor and arrived at this conclusion.

The more you type the more I'm convinced that you haven't actually watched him at all.

His film is littered with examples of him beating top competition, contested grabs and superb route-running.

This isn't just my words but the evaluation of several scouts as well as stat organizations like PFF.

Lol. Rice and Glenn are completely different types of WRs than Raegor. Raegor's value lies in his speed, not polished WR skills like Rice.

When you draft a "speed WR" that's 11th fastest in his class, you're gonna have a bad time.
Yep.

Pretty certain that you've never watched him run a route at all at this point.

The more you type the more certain I am.

Yep.

Pretty certain that you've never watched him run a route at all at this point.

The more you type the more certain I am.

Your YouTube video that breaks down three whole plays, two of which are the same route run fairly sloppily, certainly proved me wrong!

Your YouTube video that breaks down three whole plays, two of which are the same route run fairly sloppily, certainly proved me wrong!
Better than criticism based on nothing whatsoever save baseless conjecture.

Better than criticism based on nothing whatsoever save baseless conjecture.

Brain: "I will tell this person who watches dozens and dozens of Big 12 games a year and has seen hundreds of this player's snaps that they are basing their conjecture off watching only a few plays"

Same brain: "I will also own this person by posting a YouTube video of three plays, by which my entire opinion of this player is formed"

Also same brain: "I totally pwned that guy"

C'mon, man. Don't bring that at me. I don't want to have to hit you with the you know what, because you're a smart guy, and I respect you, and I know you watch a decent amount of football. But you're in the danger zone with these silly YouTube "game films".

Last edited:
Brain: "I will tell this person who watches dozens and dozens of Big 12 games a year and has seen hundreds of this player's snaps that they are basing their conjecture off watching only a few plays"

Same brain: "I will also own this person by posting a YouTube video of three plays, by which my entire opinion of this player is formed"

Also same brain: "I totally pwned that guy"

C'mon, man. Don't bring that at me. I don't want to have to hit you with the you know what, because you're a smart guy, and I respect you. But you're in the danger zone, with these silly YouTube "game films".
Since you are the self-professed expert here on route-running why don't you just list all of the routes by name that he is deficient at running and in turn I will provide an example of where you are wrong.

I've literally seen this guy run every route in the book with great proficiency so go ahead and list them all Mr. Wideout guru.

I'll wait.

Since you are the self-professed expert here on route-running why don't you just list all of the routes by name that he is deficient at running and in turn I will provide an example of where you are wrong.

I've literally seen this guy run every route in the book with great proficiency so go ahead and list them all Mr. Wideout guru.

I'll wait.

Why don't we start with the slant and go in your video and how wild and sloppy his hips are in every example you posted?

Good receivers make difficult routes look effortless. Bad receivers make normal routes look difficult and high-effort.

This is how a real receiver runs a slant and go (1:12 in):

Not all flailing around like a fish you're trying to cut your hook out of.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom