Draft rumor: Saints targeting multiple WRs (1 Viewer)

I like Jefferson and Shenault. Jefferson already knows the playbook and would be a plug and play slot wr. Shenault is a wild card in the mold of Sammy Watkins, also a slot wr, but the saints still need to go after Perriman.

Michael Pittman Jr. is drawing some comparisons to Michael Thomas, stylistically.

Pittman's route running isn't there yet but he has a massive imposing, frame and he just bullies Corners off the line and at the top of routes..

I like Pittman a lot. I'm afraid he's a "tweener" that's too much of a reach in round 1, but will be gone by round 3.

I like Pittman a lot. I'm afraid he's a "tweener" that's too much of a reach in round 1, but will be gone by round 3.
Yeah most places have him with a 2nd round grade; and you're right he wouldn't be your Flanker. He's going to be most teams X - possession receiver; who works the underneath and intermediate routes.

but with how many quality receivers are in this Draft he could slide to Round 3. Not out of the realm of possibility. Worst case IMO is him going in the top half of rd. 3; unless he bombs the combine.

If we take multiple receivers in this draft, we essentially taking a page out of the Green Bay Packers playbook. It has paid off and worked out well for them so far. We really do need to go all in on offense for Drew this one last time.

if our plan is for WRs then I see us trading down and possible out of the 1st round. Say a guy like Jordan Love was still on the board when we were picking, I could see a team like the colts or lions move back into the 1st and give up their 3rd round pick.

Don't look at it as much as "we're going to take some receiver at 24 and another in the 4th round or whatever.

Payton locks in on very specific dudes and is not afraid of going after them. if Payton is like "Look. We need Tyler Johnson and Laviska Shenault" then that's who he's going after.

Definitely. I think the belief is that there are so many really good ones AND it matches a need, that Payton is likely to find quite a few matches.

Yeah most places have him with a 2nd round grade; and you're right he wouldn't be your Flanker. He's going to be most teams X - possession receiver; who works the underneath and intermediate routes.

but with how many quality receivers are in this Draft he could slide to Round 3. Not out of the realm of possibility. Worst case IMO is him going in the top half of rd. 3; unless he bombs the combine.

He would be a great pickup in round 3, hope he's there.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste, dude.

Could have had Allen Robinson.
I would have hated that pick then, but not now lol. I just wasn't an robinson fan coming out of college

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom