Draft rumor: Saints targeting multiple WRs (1 Viewer)

I sure hope so this draft class is very heavy at wide receiver. I’ll take Justin Jefferson or Henry Ruggs please I even settle for Lamb

Tyler Johnson please.

Dude was built for this offense

If you haven't watched his tape yet you should. I promise you will love him

Reagor's body type compares more favorably to OBJ and even Tyreek Hill in some aspects. I projected Reagor's speed and agility on information I was able to find. He supposedly has run a 4.29 before and a 42" vertical. The others are projected to be just slightly better than average for comparison. The major difference between Reagor/OBJ and Austin are their body size.

Draft RoundHeightWeightRelative Body SizeHand Size40 TimeVertical JumpBroad Jump20 Yard Shuttle3 Cone DrillGrade
2019 Averages (Top 25 WRs)
2.5​
72.5​
204.27​
2.82​
9.53​
2019 Minimums (Top 25 WRs)UDFA
68​
170​
2.56​
8​
Raegor, JalenTCU
1​
70.5​
206​
2.92​
9.5​
4.29*42*122.5*4.17*6.86*8*
Odell BeckhamLSU
1​
71​
198​
2.79​
10​
4.38​
38.5​
122​
3.94​
6.69​
8​
Tyreek Hill2 Schools
5​
68​
185​
2.72​
8​
4.29​
40.5​
129​
4.06​
6.53​
5​
Tavon AustinWVU
1​
68​
174​
2.56​
9.25​
4.34​
32​
120​
4.01​
6.69​
5​

Last edited:
I’m not down for Reagor either. He’s fool’s gold

Watch the games, not the highlights. Youre entitled to your opinions, but to me, that dude is Tyreek Hill. Imagine him in our O. Reagor would be dynamic. Maybe after the combine, pro days, & the media/draft analysts break him down people will realize how good this dude is. But to me, i already see it.

Watch the games, not the highlights. Youre entitled to your opinions, but to me, that dude is Tyreek Hill. Imagine him in our O. Reagor would be dynamic. Maybe after the combine, pro days, & the media/draft analysts break him down people will realize how good this dude is. But to me, i already see it.

I've watched plenty of TCU football. Probably more than you have.

I've seen countless players with blazing speed, below-NFL strength, and poor ball skills get drafted highly based on tangibles and bust. Probably 30-40 since I've really followed football. I've seen maybe two of those guys succeed - Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith.

You're accusing Saint Lattimore of being lazy when all you've really done is see a really fast guy and say "well, he's just like (this other really fast guy)!!". The chances are much higher that he ends up like Tavon Austin or even fellow TCU 1st rounder Josh Doctson than they are that he ends up like Tyreek Hill.

Last edited:
Tony Pauline has become one of the better follows wrt NFL reporting. He’s done the draft most of his career, but he’s also been ahead of a lot of the recent labor stuff.

Anyway, here’s a link to his latest and a quick blurb on the Saints:

“Yesterday, I mentioned that numerous general managers expect 15 receivers to be selected during the initial two rounds of the draft. Some are saying as many as 25 receivers could be drafted by the time the third round closes out.
Word at the NFL Combine is that the New Orleans Saints could select at least two of those 25 receivers. With Drew Brees announcing he will be returning to the Saints in 2020 and the need to add depth at the receiver position around Michael Thomas, sources in Indianapolis tell me it’s very likely the Saints use both the 24th and 88th selections of the draft on a receiver.”
This is silly.

It's BPA. It's always BPA.

Aside from the WR who went to San Fran I agree.

He would have fallen under the expensive part. A 3rd, a 4th and 6 mil for 9 games. Not a fan of trading for players when they become FAs the next year. It's doable but I don't think it's a smart move. Don't like the mid-season acclimation part either but he was a vet so you'd expect a bit more.

For the most part, we would still need a receiver, have 6 mil less cap space and only have 1 pick in the first 150 players.

He's Tavon Austin. If someone wants to draft a kick returner with a first rounder, cool I guess, but I hope that someone is not the Saints.
Austin was 5'8 174 lbs.

Reagor is 3 inches taller and 30lbs heavier.

Reagor is more similar to OBJ and Amari Cooper than to Austin.

I've watched plenty of TCU football. Probably more than you have.

I've seen countless players with blazing speed, below-NFL strength, and poor ball skills get drafted highly based on tangibles and bust. Probably 30-40 since I've really followed football. I've seen maybe two of those guys succeed - Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith.

You're accusing Lattimore of being lazy when all you've really done is see a really fast guy and say "well, he's just like (this other really fast guy)!!". The chances are much higher that he ends up like Tavon Austin or even fellow TCU 1st rounder Josh Doctson than they are that he ends up like Tyreek Hill.
Doctson ran a 4.5.

Im really not sure where the comparison starts there.

We must be watching two different Jalen Reagors because Reagor is very adept in the ball skills department and even route-running.

He routinely goes up high to take the ball away from defenders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom