Draft rumor: Saints targeting multiple WRs (1 Viewer)

Art Monk was no smurf at 6'3 210lbs.

Jerry Rice was 6'2 200lbs.

Even Harry Carmichael was 6'8 225.

James Lofton was on the Border at 6'3 195.

Only Steve Largent really stood out back then for the smaller crowd at 5'11 187.

Indeed, Monk wasn't considered part of the Smurfs. His three shorter teammates at WR, Alvin Garrett, Charlie Brown and Virgil Seay, were the Smurfs.

Rice, Carmichael and Lofton were the exceptions, not the rules. The rules were Wes Chandler, John Jefferson, Charlie Joiner, Steve Largent, Freddie Solomon, Sammy White, the aforementioned Broncos and Dolphins WRs, and many, many others 6-1 or shorter who played WR in the NFL in the 1970s and '80s.

Shinault for me. I’d consider trading Kamara for another 2nd round pick as he’s likely on his last year (or we pay $10M/yr) and I think there’s more value in getting 2 stud WRs to pair with Cook and MT than AK in the event one of them can’t make it through the season healthy and I trust Murray to carry the load with an late round RB. Shinault would be great on WR screens too.

For Sure Saints need to get a couple receivers from somewhere. If I'm not mistaken after M.T, TQS is the only receiver with significant NFL experience.

I am all in for a receiver at #24, however at this point I am really liking the idea of Notre Dame TE Cole Kmet at 24, and WR Aiyut or Reagor at # 88.

Who’s gonna throw the ball to a speedster deep threat?
I didn't say "speedster deep threat" I said quick ;) .

I want someone who can get out of cuts and routes quick. Ginn and Smith are not quick like Sanders. If not Sanders, we need a WR that is quick. Ginn is fast. There is a difference between quick and fast (speedster).

man the more I watch Reagor the more I dislike him
I’m tired of dudes who can’t break tackles. Got enough of that with Branson Cooks. Give me a dude that seems contact and wants to throw down any corner he happens not to be faster than.
Laviska Shenault fits the bill.

The concern is how long it takes for a rookie WR to be able to contribute enough. We haven’t been very successful with drafting WRs lately outside of MT.

The concern is how long it takes for a rookie WR to be able to contribute enough. We haven’t been very successful with drafting WRs lately outside of MT.
Haven't been successful signing Free agents recently either. (Meredith, Dez, B-Marsh)

or trying to poach off other teams practice squads. (Simmie Cobbs)

Have to devote some better quality resources at the position if you expect for the situation to improve; can't keep trying to find the diamonds in the rough with the bargain bin, and washed up veteran free agent signings, and bringing in Undrafted guys and hoping one sticks and learns the position. The most recent time you invested a 2nd round pick into the position it turned out to to be the best one in the NFL.

Rookie Wide Receivers are coming in more pro-ready than ever and breaking out sooner. See AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, and DK Metcalf from last year... and this years receiver class is grading out higher than last years with 15+ receivers grading out with 1st-3rd round type grades.

Not really true if you consider that they had AJ Brown as their top wr last year.

This was reported far before the draft.

They almost took him.

I've watched plenty of TCU football. Probably more than you have.

I've seen countless players with blazing speed, below-NFL strength, and poor ball skills get drafted highly based on tangibles and bust. Probably 30-40 since I've really followed football. I've seen maybe two of those guys succeed - Tyreek Hill and Steve Smith.

You're accusing Saint Lattimore of being lazy when all you've really done is see a really fast guy and say "well, he's just like (this other really fast guy)!!". The chances are much higher that he ends up like Tavon Austin or even fellow TCU 1st rounder Josh Doctson than they are that he ends up like Tyreek Hill.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything. Youre the only one that's doing that here, lol! Matter of fact, I've seen plenty of TCU games. Ross Blacklock is one of, if not, my favorite player in this entire draft. Dont know if i've seen more games than you, but who cares? The number of games youve seen really doesnt mean much, IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR WATCHING. If youve in fact seen as many Horned Frog games as you claim, then you should know that in 2018, Reagor was TCU's entire passing game. He's never had great QB play, but at least the QBs from 18 were competent and accurate enough to get him the ball. This year, he had Max Duggan, a true freshman who was pretty much in way over his head. But you probably already know that, right?

As for Reagor, he did have an off year in 19, as did that entire O due to the aforementioned freshman QB. But in 18, you can clearly see Reagor competing and attacking the ball in the air. His route running is on point. His ability to separate is as good as anyone in this draft. Whether its on a flat out go or using his awesome RAC ability in the open field or on a reverse, Reagor is a true home run threat EVERYTIME the ball is in his hands. You can try to ding him his drops this year, but theyre of the concentration variety and bad ball placement by a sub par QB. Again, if youve actually seen as many TCU games as you say you have, i find it very odd that you view Reagor as simply a guy with "blazing speed". This dude is electric from the outside, the slot, out of the backfield, and on STs. These traits would be even more amplified w/a couch like Sean Payton scheming him open. Reagor has a pretty good set of skills at the position across the board. The bat out of hell speed aspect to Reagor's game is an added bonus.

I'd kinda rather see us take a stud WR in round one and then a Y-TE in round 3. But I have a feeling we'll nab either a QB or guard with one of those picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom