Draft rumor: Saints targeting multiple WRs (4 Viewers)

Rookie Wide Receivers are coming in more pro-ready than ever and breaking out sooner. See AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Terry McLaurin, and DK Metcalf from last year... and this years receiver class is grading out higher than last years with 15+ receivers grading out with 1st-3rd round type grades.

This is such a good point and I think this helps the Saints. Modern WR prospects have caught more balls and run more routes than WR prospects we used to see. The proliferation of the spread offense all the way down to JR High combined with the rise of 7 on 7 camps has helped WRs and QBs contribute earlier in college and the NFL.

But there's one major issue, these WRs don't see suffocating press coverage like they'll see in the NFL. There are ways to hide a WR from press but it limits what they can do in the offense. So can the guy get off the LOS and can he handle our playbook, those are the two biggest questions I have for any WR the Saints draft.

I think we trade up to get a 2nd rounder. Package our third with next years third to move up.

So say we do take two WRs in the draft. What types should we be going for? A "Y" and a "Z"? Or double down on slot? Maybe a small quick slot and a big slot with large catch radius?

At Z, do we roll with Smith and Harris?

If we double down on slot, i.d. like Shenault or Jefferson in that order. And in the 3rd, I like the undersized TE from Purdue or the big TE from Vandy, though I'm sure wed have to trade into the 2nd or early 3rd to nab him.

You're still confusing me with someone who "hates" Reagor.
Nah just someone who is convinced that he isn't a first round talent as you said.

I take your statement at face value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom