Draft Speculation: Michael Lombardi mentioned the Saints tried to jump New England to draft Mac Jones (1 Viewer)

Isn’t that the guy who used to work for the Patriots? Sounds like some serious spin.

So when they were maneuvering up to get a player who wasn't a QB but if one QB was there they would be interested, I guess that QB was Mac Jones?

So we allegedly tried to move up to get Penei Sewell, Jaycee Horn, and Mac Jones but ended up with Payton Turner and our 1st rounders for the next few years. I like the way things worked out.

Having said that Mac Jones will probably be an instant sensation if we tried to get him but couldn't. SP has been this close to getting all the awesome QBs.

So when they were maneuvering up to get a player who wasn't a QB but if one QB was there they would be interested, I guess that QB was Mac Jones?

So we allegedly tried to move up to get Penei Sewell, Jaycee Horn, and Mac Jones but ended up with Payton Turner and our 1st rounders for the next few years. I like the way things worked out.

Having said that Mac Jones will probably be an instant sensation if we tried to get him but couldn't. SP has been this close to getting all the awesome QBs.

There was a report during the draft, from Jeff Duncan I think, that the QBs we really liked were Trey Lance and Mac Jones. They also really like J.C. Horn, Patrick Surtain, Sewell, and maybe a couple others that I don't recall. Smith or Waddle?

i'll take it with a Lot's Wife of salt
If they weren't interested to giving up the 3 1st round picks. Then, they didn't want anyone. They just like prospects.

It's just a bunch speculation in relations to other picks. The only real player that we really liked was Jaycee Horn and Sewell from what I heard.

I’m really happy that this didn’t play out.
Just imagine Mac Jones getting left out to dry with our patented oline whiffs... Ouch.

Loomis pretty much confirmed that this was the most effort the team ever spent in moving up. So...even after the Horn trade up didn't work out...they were still trying to move up. For whom is not known. But perhaps it was a QB. Honestly...I'd hope it would have been for a QB...because otherwise trading up would have been stupid.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom