Draft Targets and Trade. (1 Viewer)

Correct me if i am wrong...and i may be wrong. But was he the guy that was abused at the end of the Clemson game?

And to be clear, i am not necessarily opposed, i am just opposed to him in round 1. I am not fond of SEC safeties. They tend to not live up the hype.

That includes LaRon "Mr. tackle the running back for a 26 yard gain and get up clapping like i just made the game winning interception" Landry. The SEC is not a downfield passing league. The SEC has a lot of talented prospects, i just prefer to stay away from their defensive backfields.
Absolutely no clue about your question. I saw the game, just can't remember.
I agree with the rest of your statements.

I would like to add that since the embarrassment of the National Championship game, this coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired for me personally and does not get the most out of its talent.
For example, I went to the first few games of the season against what most called cream puffs. Most people were licking their chops for Mingo and Montgomery, so I expected total domination. Never happened.
As the season wore on, when the competition got stronger, both of these guys seemed to UP their games.
I think the D coordinator does a great job with half time adjustments (most of the time), But IMHO, it shouldn't always have to get to that. But somehow, we're always trying to eek out a win after letting team X come back.

My point is....I see a ton a of talent on this defense, but I don't see a lot of results. I don't always think it's the player.
Kinda like the Saints defense last year.
To me, Reid looks like a gamer. Not sure I'd pick him that high, but can't say I wouldn't either.

I wouldn't trade back further than 20th, and would definitely not trade up for anyone in this draft. Jarvis Jones is a great player, yeah, but he'll be a top 10 pick and we can't keep afford to trade away any picks with as many needs as we have.

I don't see us getting higher than a sixth round pick out of Ivory. I feel like a lot of posters here overvalue what we could possibly get for him. Don't get me wrong, there are teams that would love to have him and will probably try to negotiate a trade for him, but he's never played a complete season and has glaring weaknesses in catching out of the backfield and, more importantly, picking up the blitz to block for his QB.

I don't think it's a wise move to draft for the secondary in the first round round when there's great value in later rounds. There isn't that big of a dropoff in talent between a first round safety (Eric Reid) and a third round safety (Bacarri Rambo).

I do love the Brian Winters pick. He has a lot of potential and could be the next gold nugget the Saints find for the offense, and would be a steal in the fifth round or later. I'm just afraid that another team will see that too and may reach on him as high as the third round before we can get him.

Very good points. I think a move back to 20 thru 25 will give the Saints a third pick in the top 100 and still land a impact player in 1st round. I hope you are not correct on the market value of Chris Ivory.

Very good points. I think a move back to 20 thru 25 will give the Saints a third pick in the top 100 and still land a impact player in 1st round. I hope you are not correct on the market value of Chris Ivory.

Here is a tool for you. Draft Countdown - Trade Value Chart

While it isnt "dead-on balls" accurate(love that movie). It is pretty darned close. Really depends on what the value is for that year. But every trade i have seen has been pretty close to what the chart says.

So according to that if we traded down to say 20 we'd get a 3rd round pick #78 overall.

Not we would...but the value says that if we traded to 20 we should at minimum get the 78th overall pick. Since odds are that the team that owns 20 likely has pick #84, they would need to sweeten the pot.

So they would either have to throw in an additonal pick like their fifth or they would have to cough up their second and get us to throw in a 4th or so.

Typically speaking...not always, but typically....the team moving back gets the better value in the chart.

Not we would...but the value says that if we traded to 20 we should at minimum get the 78th overall pick. Since odds are that the team that owns 20 likely has pick #84, they would need to sweeten the pot.

So they would either have to throw in an additonal pick like their fifth or they would have to cough up their second and get us to throw in a 4th or so.

Typically speaking...not always, but typically....the team moving back gets the better value in the chart.

Good explanation. :9:

Yeah.

How does Reid = Roman Harper Jr?
Granted, I'm not saying pick the guy. But I don't see the comparison.

From a readers stand point, it seems completely unfounded.
I went to a few LSU games last year. He seemed to tackle pretty well in the open field. He appeared to have pretty decent downfield coverage.
I can't remember the LOS stuff, but I'm guessing he didn't suck.

Fair enough?

Strengths: Hard hitter
Tackling ability
Run defense
Physical presence
Can separate the ball from the receiver
Experienced
Durable
Quickness
Ready to compete quickly

<center> </center>
Weaknesses: Liability in pass coverage
Constantly burned in 2012
Can take bad angles
Takes false steps
Stiff; struggles to turn and run with receivers
Sometimes he doesn't wrap up
Overly aggressive; penalties

read this scouting report and tell me which player this is about, harper or reid?

Well its Reid. Not this is just one person's opinion. But if you would have told me that was Harper's SR I would have said that's dead on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom