Draft Targets and Trade. (1 Viewer)

turntime

Veteran
Reaction score
Draft targets and trades.

1st Safety Eric Reed LSU. Saints trade back in 1<SUP>st</SUP> round and take Eric Reed later in 1<SUP>st</SUP> round. If no trade partner at pick 15. Safety Kenny Vaccaro Texas.
2<SUP>nd </SUP>No Pick.

3<SUP>rd</SUP> NT Brandon Williams Missouri Southern. Big body inside.
3<SUP>rd</SUP> CB Robert Alford Southeast La. Speed and good cover skills. Extra Pick acquired if trade back in the1<SUP>st</SUP> round.
<O:p> </O:p>
4<SUP>TH</SUP> OLB Travis Long Washington State. Played in 3-4 last year.
4<SUP>th</SUP> OT Brian Winters Kent State. Saints trade Chris Ivory for a 4<SUP>th</SUP> Rd pick and take best OT on the board.
5<SUP>th</SUP> J.C. Tretter OG Cornell.
6<SUP>th</SUP> Zach Sudfeld TE Nevada or Graham Pocic Center Illinois.<O:p></O:p>
7<SUP>th</SUP> No Pick.
FA QB Colby Cameron Louisiana Tech.
No secret the Saints need more talent on Defense. Hopefully they can agree to terms with J. Bushrod and not have to burn a high draft pick on OT. Most would argue the need to address the front 7 on Defense with the first pick. I am in the camp to sure up the safety position with the first pick in the draft. Then take best player available at NT, CB, OLB, with next three picks. The wild card will be if the Saints trade Chris Ivory and are interested in trading back in round 1. If no trade partner available in round one. I would like to see the best Safety or OT (pending Bushrod) taken with the 15<SUP>th</SUP> pick. With the switch to a 3-4, I can live with taken the best NT at pick 15.

Ah yes, Roman Harper Jr. in round 1....sounds like a winner. And if all they are getting is a 3rd rd pick, they best be moving back like 2 spots.
:aargh:

I'd prefer to trade up for Ansah than to trade back for Reid. Also we almost never trade back so I've come to believe that most trade down scenarios to acquire extra picks are mostly unrealistic.

I still prefer Joseph Fauria over Sudfelt as a TE. Michael Williams doesn't look like a bad choice anymore either.

I'd like to see Richardson, Mingo, Ansah, or a sane trade up for Jarvis Jones. I think we can address safety with the players we have. We do not need to burn a 1st rounder on the position (though I am a fan of Reid - he will be a great player for somebody and I just hope it isn't Dallas or Atlanta).

Reid is athletic, but to me, he's not worth the risk. I saw him miss too many tackles this year.

Reid is athletic, but to me, he's not worth the risk. I saw him miss too many tackles this year.
Reid is likely an early second rounder(right now), unless his athletic ability just test off the charts(possible). As of right now only safeties possibly worth drafting in the first round is free safety Kenny Vaccarro and Strong Safety Matt Elam (who can actually cover someone)

If we trade down for a saftey I really hope it is Baccari Rambo.

Rambo and Rashad Hall each have at least 16 Carrer INTs.

Care to elaborate....
Yeah.

How does Reid = Roman Harper Jr?
Granted, I'm not saying pick the guy. But I don't see the comparison.

From a readers stand point, it seems completely unfounded.
I went to a few LSU games last year. He seemed to tackle pretty well in the open field. He appeared to have pretty decent downfield coverage.
I can't remember the LOS stuff, but I'm guessing he didn't suck.

Fair enough?

I wouldn't trade back further than 20th, and would definitely not trade up for anyone in this draft. Jarvis Jones is a great player, yeah, but he'll be a top 10 pick and we can't keep afford to trade away any picks with as many needs as we have.

I don't see us getting higher than a sixth round pick out of Ivory. I feel like a lot of posters here overvalue what we could possibly get for him. Don't get me wrong, there are teams that would love to have him and will probably try to negotiate a trade for him, but he's never played a complete season and has glaring weaknesses in catching out of the backfield and, more importantly, picking up the blitz to block for his QB.

I don't think it's a wise move to draft for the secondary in the first round round when there's great value in later rounds. There isn't that big of a dropoff in talent between a first round safety (Eric Reid) and a third round safety (Bacarri Rambo).

I do love the Brian Winters pick. He has a lot of potential and could be the next gold nugget the Saints find for the offense, and would be a steal in the fifth round or later. I'm just afraid that another team will see that too and may reach on him as high as the third round before we can get him.

Yeah.

How does Reid = Roman Harper Jr?
Granted, I'm not saying pick the guy. But I don't see the comparison.

From a readers stand point, it seems completely unfounded.
I went to a few LSU games last year. He seemed to tackle pretty well in the open field. He appeared to have pretty decent downfield coverage.
I can't remember the LOS stuff, but I'm guessing he didn't suck.

Fair enough?

Correct me if i am wrong...and i may be wrong. But was he the guy that was abused at the end of the Clemson game?

And to be clear, i am not necessarily opposed, i am just opposed to him in round 1. I am not fond of SEC safeties. They tend to not live up the hype.

That includes LaRon "Mr. tackle the running back for a 26 yard gain and get up clapping like i just made the game winning interception" Landry. The SEC is not a downfield passing league. The SEC has a lot of talented prospects, i just prefer to stay away from their defensive backfields.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom