Draft trade scenario to land Jonathan Vilma (1 Viewer)

turntime

Veteran
Reaction score
Draft Trade scenario to land Vilma for cost of a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> / 4<SUP>th</SUP> rounder:<O:p></O:p>

* If Ellis is off the board. Saints trade there 4<SUP>th</SUP> round (106 overall) 100 pts and 1st round pick (10 overall) 1300 pts to Dallas for there 1st round (22 overall) 780 pts and there 1<SUP>st</SUP> round (28 overall) 660 pts.
Predict <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Dallas</st1:City> will use that pick to take WR DeSean Jackson, <st1:State w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">California</ST1:place></st1:State>. <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> is getting old at WR. DeSean Jackson’s speed the last piece to the Tony Romo puzzle ?

** Only if the Jets LB Jonathan Vilma passes a Saints Physical exam.
The Saints may trade for Vilma for the cost of a 3rd /4<SUP>th</SUP> rd pick. Saints make trade with Jets. Saints will get the Jets 2<SUP>nd</SUP> round pick (38 overall) 520 pts and Jets will get Saints 1st round (28 overall) 660 pts acquired from <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:place w:st="on">Dallas</ST1:place></st1:City> to the Jets for the right to linebacker Johnathan Vilma. The compensation for Vilma = the cost of a 3rd / 4th rounder.

***Saints trade down there own 2nd round pick (42 overall) 480 pts with Lions < > Eagles (47 to 51 overall) for there 2nd Round pick (47 – 51 overall) 430 to 390 pts. Saints are compensated a 4<SUP>th</SUP> rounder (111 to 115 overall) 72 to 64 pts. Saints recover the 4<SUP>th</SUP> rounder lost in an earlier trade with <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Dallas</st1:City></ST1:place>.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
Saints gain a starting LB or ILB in Vilma and still have 8 draft picks to fill many D needs.<O:p></O:p>
http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50648<O:p></O:p>

Every trade scenerio includes Dallas somehow on this board. I just don't see them trading up that high to get a WR that could easily fall to their pick.

chances are jackson might still be there when dallas' first pick comes up..if not, then theres manningham..only way dallas trades up is for dmac, imo, and its looking like that wont happen, thank goodness..

Where did this scenario where we trade for Vilma originate?

Everyone seems to be on this.

This must be a SR.com thing.

1. Dallas will not trade up for Desean Jackson.

2. The Saints would be foolish to trade a #3 or #4 pick at this point for Jonathan Vilma considering that he's coming off a very serious knee injury that some observers believe to be chronic and career-threatening. I am not suggesting that you cannot gamble on the guy but you don't do it by trading a 3rd or 4th rounder. At best, I would offer a sixth rounder. Right now, I would be content to sign Zach Thomas and draft a MLB in the second or third round like Lofton or Mayo.

I like how we discuss players in this league and possible ways to get them.

i really think the only way that the cowgirls trade up is if mcfadden is on the board. And thats a stretch because the two teams behind us are set at running back. Bills-Lynch and the Broncos just restructured Travis Henry so whos to say they wont wait a couple of picks after us to jump up if he is still on the board. We would have to put up one hell of a smoke screen to make them trade with us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom