Draft Zone Spotlight Q&A: Stefan Charles, DL, University of Regina (Canada) (1 Viewer)

Actually no unfourtunately thats not true in a 4-3 he is a DT in a 3-4 he is a NT no way he plays DE hes too BIGG to slow and PERFECT to fill hole and hold up 2 possibly 3 guys on the O line.

a NT in a 3-4 does nothing besides hold up some Oline more than 1 hopefully and push the pocket towards the DE and the rushing OLB thats why they dont have as many sacks as those other positions and also why the NT is considered one of the most important positions on a 3-4 defense.[/QUOTE
Hicks is not slow.. He's quite quick for a guy his size

hicks commands a double team. pure and simple. dude can play DE in a 3-4. i think alot of the doubters are forgetting the role of LBs in a 3-4. these are the guys that need to be extraordinarily fast. to be honest, hicks can probably play both NT and DE.

*yaaaawwwnnnnn* same people saying hicks can't play DE are the same folks saying bunkley can't play NT, even tho he was a straight up beast NT for the broncos before he came here.
Bunkley played for the broncos in a 4-3. He's not played as NT in a 3-4, really.

Even though I doubt that he would get to the Saints, it would be funny if Payton/Loomis started a Canadian pipeline.

Armonty Bryant is another player who generated a lot of buzz last week at the Texas Vs. Nation game who might be able to compete as an OLB.

50 tackles for losses, 28 career sacks

IMG_2296.jpg

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xhStcILkeL4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nPxEfFmRESg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Russ Lande
thinks that he played like a 3rd rounder but he'll fall because of character concerns.
Texas vs. The Nation: Bryant Impresses

Thats completely wrong! Hicks will never play DE in this league and i mean NEVER he would need to drop about 30 lbs and get quicker to do it and its not gonna happen he is the best option we have at a true NT hes BIG and has a crazy wingspan and next to cam they will hold 4 of the 5 lineman! thats w=the whole point of moving to a 3-4 so our player better fit the system! If we end up keeping will smith which im not sure we do if he wont restructure then he will play opposite of Cam at the DE position!

AKIEM HICKS WILL NOT PLAY DE EVER PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT!

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Thats completely wrong! Hicks will never play DE in this league and i mean NEVER he would need to drop about 30 lbs and get quicker to do it and its not gonna happen he is the best option we have at a true NT hes BIG and has a crazy wingspan and next to cam they will hold 4 of the 5 lineman! thats w=the whole point of moving to a 3-4 so our player better fit the system! If we end up keeping will smith which im not sure we do if he wont restructure then he will play opposite of Cam at the DE position!

Dang. You can't give 2 red thumbs. You'd be wasting an amazing talent only asking him to play NT, he has such an amazing potential at DE that we'd be dumb to only ask him to occupy blockers.

o_O Really, now. I'll have to download some old games, i watched much of denver that year and i remember perfectly von miller not being used as a 3-4 linebacker most of the time. Thanks for the link

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fLpimht0tUM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Broncos defense, fumble recovery - NFL Videos

Broncos defense, sack, 1-yd loss - NFL Videos

one 4-3 though
Broncos defense, sack, 6-yd loss - NFL Videos

Bunkley played for the broncos in a 4-3. He's not played as NT in a 3-4, really.
He was still a nose tackle because he lined up right over the center.. I believe its called the 0 technique(I could be wrong)

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but sometimes it's better to stay away from the keyboard and let people think you're ignorant of a particular topic than to start typing and remove all doubt.

I was just thinking about some low risk, high reward talent that might possibly give us the most bang for our buck on Defense with low round draft picks.

Akiem Hicks turned out to be as talented as some players taken in the top 20 and his teammate Charles almost doubled his TFL stats in only six more games and might have better arm length and lateral agility for a DE.

Outside of Lotelelei, Datone Jones, and Josh Boyd, the pickings are pretty slim at 3-4 DE.

Guys like:

Stefan Charles (DE)
Devin Taylor (OLB)
Armonty Bryant (OLB)
Anthony Rashard White (NT)

Might be able to provide high production for less than the cost of a 3rd round pick.

I think you can throw Hunt in there as a 3-4 end as well as Sylvester Williams. That said, I think you are spot on and I also think Stefan Charles would be a solid pick for us in the later rounds should he be available. We will need depth and I think he can give us that as well as I guy who can man the 5-technique role if Hicks is, for some reason, kicked inside.

To date, Charles has spoken to Atlanta, Jacksonville and Dallas while several other clubs -- including Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis and Seattle -- have called Regina looking for his game film.

Another year, another Regina Rams DL drawing NFL interest

Falcons Show Interest In A Cfl Dt/3-4 De Stefan Charles - NFL Draft and Free Agency - Falcons Life Forums

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0vLoz1FTPgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom