DraftDaddy news about the Saints and Goff... and DRC. (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
Former Vanderbilt middle linebacker Jonathan Goff told one of our sources that his interviews were "off the charts" with New Orleans, Cincinnati, Oakland, Tampa Bay, and St. Louis. He said he came away feeling that he may go a bit higher than he first thought....The Ryan brothers (Rex & Rob) also talked to him informally and he says he really thinks there is a great chance he could be in Oakland or Baltimore because both brothers told him they thought he had the best college film of any middle linebacker in this draft. Our source agrees and tells us Goff is quite excited by it.

Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie told our source that he had great interviews with the New Orleans and New England. News Orleans, in particular, really came impressed with the potential small school gem, who ran sub 4.3 today in Indy. Cromartie also told our source that a lot of teams focused on his small school pedigree in interviews and repeatedly asked why his numbers were not better at Tennesse State? Obviously, N.F.L. teams like him a lot, but they also love "testing" players by making them explain even the smallest question marks about their careers.

From DD's blog........

forget the first paragraph.. the second one is what i wanted to see :hihi:

YES:worthy:

I must have used 100 posts on the subject of DRC, but here's another. We take him, and we get a clone of his cousin. Maybe more athletic.

He is very articulate and knows the game, from any interviews I have read with him, so I'm not surprised they're that impressed.

I've been waiting to read something that mentioned the New Orleans Saints & DRC in the same sentence........thanks for the article!

:thumbsup:

He's on the Saints radar!

This is GREAT!

They also were interested in DRC at the Senior-Bowl. So our interest for him is def there, and I think we will take him at #10. Goff, is another guy that I wouldn't mind say at #40, to play MLB.

The only part that scared me of that article was him interviewing with the Pats. barf.

DRC in the first & Goff in the 2nd would be an excellent draft.

DRC in the first & Goff in the 2nd would be an excellent draft.

Goff would have to make it past Cincy, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Oakland in the 2nd round for us to get a shot at him...

DRC will have to make it past New England and Baltimore in the 1st for us to have a shot at him.

New England willpick a CB with their first pick and Oakland and Baltimore pick before us in the second round. It is very possible that DRC won't be there at 10 and Goff won't be there at 40.

The lack of good WR's in this draft is going to kill us!

DRC is officially no longer the "sleeper" of the 2008 draft. While the early talk was all about Jenkins and McKelvin, DRC is quickly eclipsing both of them and will no longer be someone's "surprise" genius pick. While the Saints have garnered a reputation for targeting small school standouts, they'll now be lucky if they are able to land this target now even at #10. Just my opinion of the prevailing winds as they are blowing now.

New England willpick a CB with their first pick and Oakland and Baltimore pick before us in the second round. It is very possible that DRC won't be there at 10 and Goff won't be there at 40.

DRC isn't going to be the highest rated CB though... Many still have him rated below McKelvin and Jenkins... some have him below McKelvin, Jenkins, and Talib.

DRC will be there at #10, I'm not so sure he's worth that high a pick, but we could do worse.

Goff could very easily be gone by 40, but that might leave us with the chance to still grab a Mayo, Lofton, or Beau Bell.

DRC isn't going to be the highest rated CB though... Many still have him rated below McKelvin and Jenkins... some have him below McKelvin, Jenkins, and Talib.

You have no idea where the NFL has them ranked :)

Most of the mock draft people have him rated below whoever, but I trust my opinion way, way more then theirs. Rodgers-Cromartie was the top CB before he ever stepped foot on the combine field. He just confirmed what was expected. That's been my opinion.

As I stated in another thread...

I read somewhere (forgot where though), that they don't value DB's/CB's that HIGH. Their probably looking at a DE/OLB, if not they will probably trade out.

Also, let's not forget...Aqid Talib is having a great combine as well. If the Pats decide to go CB at #7, they could take him before DRC as well.

Goff has really made a resurgence. At season's end he was, by many accounts, the top MLB out there, then Mayo and Lofton declared and he got lost. Now he's a legitimate 2nd round candidate again.

p.s. I am ALL ABOUT DRC!

YES:worthy:

I must have used 100 posts on the subject of DRC, but here's another. We take him, and we get a clone of his cousin. Maybe more athletic.

He is very articulate and knows the game, from any interviews I have read with him, so I'm not surprised they're that impressed.

You know I was beginning to be a fan when some poster :rolleyes: had DRC in his sig line... and his avatar... like his measures... but when I actually saw him at the combine this morning... I became a TRUE BELIEVER!!! 4.29... DANG BOY IS MONEY! :D Might be able to trade down a little and still grab him... there were also a couple of safeties I liked...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom