DraftDaddy news about the Saints and Goff... and DRC. (1 Viewer)

You have no idea where the NFL has them ranked :)

Most of the mock draft people have him rated below whoever, but I trust my opinion way, way more then theirs. Rodgers-Cromartie was the top CB before he ever stepped foot on the combine field. He just confirmed what was expected. That's been my opinion.

That's true.... I really don't know where the actual NFL teams have DRC ranked at, and I'm going mainly off of a compilation of a bunch of different draft sites and "experts" opinions.

That's true.... I really don't know where the actual NFL teams have DRC ranked at, and I'm going mainly off of a compilation of a bunch of different draft sites and "experts" opinions.

After this combine performance you'll see those mocks change and rankings change. I think the experts were hesitent until they saw he really was this atheletic. Now its clear he is the number 1 CB.

As I stated in another thread...

I read somewhere (forgot where though), that they don't value DB's/CB's that HIGH. Their probably looking at a DE/OLB, if not they will probably trade out.

Also, let's not forget...Aqid Talib is having a great combine as well. If the Pats decide to go CB at #7, they could take him before DRC as well.
I think this not completly true, they picked a safety last year! However, it's true that I don't see them picking a CB with their first pick if Gholston or a top OT is available (I think that they will react to their porous OL during the SB).
But I also have to say that even if DRC is to me the best potential CB, he might need to sit for a year (like his cousin) because it's one thing to increase your level of play for one game at the senior bowl, it's another thing to become consistent in the NFL. Anyway, I don't think that the Saints a true contender for the moment and even with the best possible draft and FA, we won't be a contender next year so I am all for getting player that will be great in 2-3 years than players that can play right now but may end up being average at the NFL level.

After this combine performance you'll see those mocks change and rankings change. I think the experts were hesitent until they saw he really was this atheletic. Now its clear he is the number 1 CB.

If that's the case, then we're wasting our time talking about him and getting all hyped up about him... If he is the top-ranked CB going into the draft, N.E. or Baltimore will take him before the 10th spot.

Both are serious candidates to be in the Saints draft plans. Goff is a solid MLB that leads a defense and DRC is coming on strong.

I like Goff in the 2nd.

You have no idea where the NFL has them ranked :)

Most of the mock draft people have him rated below whoever, but I trust my opinion way, way more then theirs. Rodgers-Cromartie was the top CB before he ever stepped foot on the combine field. He just confirmed what was expected. That's been my opinion.

I agree spam. Alot of the sites doing these mocks arent any more qualified than you are I are to project. I think most people would be pretty shocked how different an NFL team's draft board is compared to the "expert's" draft boards.

Players projected to go in the top 5 may be rated a second round pick on some teams board. A solid first round pick on some team's board may be considered a day 2 pick on someone elses. You just never know.

If that's the case, then we're wasting our time talking about him and getting all hyped up about him... If he is the top-ranked CB going into the draft, N.E. or Baltimore will take him before the 10th spot.

It all really depends how the GM's/scouts rank them...and who they like. TFY (a draft site) stated that a handful of teams, consider Brandon Flowers to be the #1 CB on their boards. All teams vary. We don't know till draft-day comes.

Yeah, their is reason to be scared of the Pats...but me and Spam think they will go DE/OLB, OL or even a RB, or them trading down. They could also even trade up to take Gholston to stick it to the Jets before #6. They also like Aqid Talib ALOT, and he himself had a good combine today for his size.

Ravens are another team to be scared of (they need a CB). But I think their OK at CB to not consider it to be picked at #8...but you never know. They need a QB and help on the OL/DL.

It all really depends how the GM's/scouts rank them...and who they like. TFY (a draft site) stated that a handful of teams, consider Brandon Flowers to be the #1 CB on their boards. All teams vary. We don't know till draft-day comes.

Yeah, their is reason to be scared of the Pats...but me and Spam think they will go DE/OLB, OL or even a RB, or them trading down. They could also even trade up to take Gholston to stick it to the Jets before #6. They also like Aqid Talib ALOT, and he himself had a good combine today for his size.

Ravens are another team to be scared of (they need a CB). But I think their OK at CB to not consider it to be picked at #8...but you never know. They need a QB and help on the OL/DL.
You're right!
For the Ravens, it's all gonna depend on Ryan, if he is there I'm sure they will go for it, if not, they will not spend the pick on another QB.
FOr the Pats, all the mock draft have them getting a DL or CB but I don't know why but I'm sure they will go for an OL

I said that same thing in another thread. We'll have to see what happens.

I doubt the Ravens take a CB... they may take Long (OT) if he's on the board with Ogden's on again-off again retirements.

Yeah, that's another thing...

If Ogden retires, that makes OL a heavy priority. Clady and Otah come into talk for them.

New England willpick a CB with their first pick

Don't be so sure about that. A couple of players fit their scheme and necessity better then a cornerback. Gholston and Harvey. I think Gholston will be gone by then but Harvey even can allow them to play outside leaving Dontarrius Thomas or Mike Vrabel to play inside.

To me, the interesting pick is the ravens, they may have a chance of chosing between cornerback and their quaterback of the future with their first pick.

The bengals have similar necesities than us, but I doubt they will pick defensive back, they have picked the position high on previous drafts.

After all, I think our options are expanding, there are more choices now at #10 at different positions.

Yeah, that's another thing...

If Ogden retires, that makes OL a heavy priority. Clady and Otah come into talk for them.

Plus, NE just released (is releasing) Roosevelt Colvin. As you've stated repeatedly, DE/OLB seems to be the best pick for them.

and

Should Atlanta not pick a QB (the right move), then Baltimore would be hard pressed to pass on Ryan. Only because waiting on Flacco might bite them in the rear.

Last edited:
This is going to be a very interesting 2 months!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom