Drafting a corner (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I know alot of people on this forum think we should draft dorsey, However i seriously think we need to grab a corner with our first pick in the draft. Its well known that for years we have not had a top tier corner that was drafted by us. Sure we got MM via trade but he was already 28 or 29 then. I could be biased but i think we should get DRC.

**1st Rd= DRC the corner class gets thin after the first round. His height is unbelievable, his speed is a welcome addition, hes young with a high ceiling, and hes a ballhawk. His negatives are that hes raw, didnt play against great competition and hes has a wire thin frame.

*note* Arneas Williams played for Southern University which is one of our HBC's in LA. Arneas Williams went on to be a great cover corner for years and he didnt play against "elite competition either" is DRC a reach yes but he could possibly solidify that position for years to come.

**2nd rd = Trevor Laws, i know dorsey and ellis are gettin the hype. but this guy is just a good i swear to gingerbread jesus this young man is a beast. We need a passrushing DT and Bryant Young isnt getting any younger. Kid has a nonstop motor and his only negative is his height, but heck hes the same height as dorsey and or ellis.

**3rd rd = your favorite lb. Linebacker to me is the deepest class and i think we could find a starting wlb to replace shanle in the 3rd round. Possibly Highsmith, i know he timed slow but i think the majority of us know that he can tackle and he plays faster than his time indicates.

I know alot of people on this forum think we should draft dorsey, However i seriously think we need to grab a corner with our first pick in the draft. Its well known that for years we have not had a top tier corner that was drafted by us. Sure we got MM via trade but he was already 28 or 29 then. I could be biased but i think we should get DRC.

**1st Rd= DRC the corner class gets thin after the first round. His height is unbelievable, his speed is a welcome addition, hes young with a high ceiling, and hes a ballhawk. His negatives are that hes raw, didnt play against great competition and hes has a wire thin frame.

*note* Arneas Williams played for Southern University which is one of our HBC's in LA. Arneas Williams went on to be a great cover corner for years and he didnt play against "elite competition either" is DRC a reach yes but he could possibly solidify that position for years to come.

**2nd rd = Trevor Laws, i know dorsey and ellis are gettin the hype. but this guy is just a good i swear to gingerbread jesus this young man is a beast. We need a passrushing DT and Bryant Young isnt getting any younger. Kid has a nonstop motor and his only negative is his height, but heck hes the same height as dorsey and or ellis.

**3rd rd = your favorite lb. Linebacker to me is the deepest class and i think we could find a starting wlb to replace shanle in the 3rd round. Possibly Highsmith, i know he timed slow but i think the majority of us know that he can tackle and he plays faster than his time indicates.

Best post of the year. I've been saying this all along. CB first. DT second. Even if we did sign Gay

I'd love DRC, but only if Ellis and Dorsey are gone.

Last edited:
You obviously would never draft DRC with the 10th pick overall if Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis are still on the board.

But if both DTs are gone by our pick, we have to go corner. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie or Mike Jenkins.

thanks deuce i just dont want to see us for the next 3 or 4 years picking up released corners from other teams. unless of course we get mnamdi asam <<forget the spelling from the raiders. I would definately take him, he got the exclusive franchise tag for a reason

CB is a real need but there are a lot of good CBs in the draft. CBs also tend to slide on draft day.

Sign a lineman in the 1st then pickup a CB in the 2nd round.

YOU absolutely never ever ever pick DRC over Ellis or Dorsey if you do i want what you been smoking :Smoker:

whoops unless it was Nnamdi Asomugha he got the exclusive franchise tag for a reason

or we could wait for michael jenkins to come out of ohio next year? i just dont think we need a dt that early when we could get trevor laws in the 2nd. I know we want dorsey or ellis but do we really need either one of them over an upgrade in the secondary. Like i said i know drc is a reach but he has long term written all over him. Dominique "Long Term" Rogers Cromartie

or we could wait for michael jenkins to come out of ohio next year? i just dont think we need a dt that early when we could get trevor laws in the 2nd. I know we want dorsey or ellis but do we really need either one of them over an upgrade in the secondary. Like i said i know drc is a reach but he has long term written all over him. Dominique "Long Term" Rogers Cromartie

They would improve our secondary, it gives the QB no pocket to step into, and it gives the QB less tme to throw when you get pressure up the middle. But if both DTs are gone, when seondary is the next best thing.

I hate to say it, but WHAT? Do you really think that a rookie corner is going to be better able to challenge for a starting job than U. Young? Not to mention that none of the draft pundits can even agree on who is the best corner in this draft. I've seen Jenkins, Talib, McKelvin, DRC, and even Flowers have all listed as the best corner. Dorsey, Ellis, or Balmer will be there at #10. We are way more likely to pick up another corner in FA.

Trev Laws would be great in RD 2. I actually would welcome a trade down to get either Connor or Kenny Phillips.

I hate to say it, but WHAT? Do you really think that a rookie corner is going to be better able to challenge for a starting job than U. Young? Not to mention that none of the draft pundits can even agree on who is the best corner in this draft. I've seen Jenkins, Talib, McKelvin, DRC, and even Flowers have all listed as the best corner. Dorsey, Ellis, or Balmer will be there at #10. We are way more likely to pick up another corner in FA.

Balmer @ #10? No way....that's way too high for someone who didn't have a good year until Marvin Austin came along.

If Ellis or Dorsey are gone, either trade down or go CB. DT (like laws) @ 40, and a LB like Goff in the third.

Its a crap shoot, trying too pick a CB..... I have seen some look just as good as DRC in the Senior Bowl and there no longer playing.....

I would draft in this order
1. Glenn Dorsey
2. Sedrick Ellis
3. Chris Long
4. Domnique Rodgers Cromartie
5. Keith Rivers
6. Leodis Mckelvin
7. Talib

If there all gone.... then draft Jake Long or trade McFadden too Dallas :)

Its a crap shoot, trying too pick a CB..... I have seen some look just as good as DRC in the Senior Bowl and there no longer playing.....

I would draft in this order
1. Glenn Dorsey
2. Sedrick Ellis
3. Chris Long
4. Domnique Rodgers Cromartie
5. Keith Rivers
6. Leodis Mckelvin
7. Talib

If there all gone.... then draft Jake Long or trade McFadden too Dallas :)

actually the whole draft is a crapshoot and just as many linemen are busts as corners. with that in mind most of the top corners in the leauge are former first round picks. you can find good d-line guys late, esp if you only want them to passrush. dline guys that are one dimensional pass rushers tend to slide in drafts because of their lack of versatility. but good cover corners rarely slide in drafts unless they have questionable speed.

theres no way jake long or chris long make it to us a ten but if they do theres no way we pass on them.

the only guys i see falling to us at ten is dorsey/ellis because i dont think two 4/3 dts will get taken in the top 9. im still not sure if drc/mckelvin or jenkins will be there at 10 i could see them getting selected ahead of us by balt and NE but thats the beauty of the draft you never know!

ps i wouldnt get too excited about picking any one player because this staff sure can throw some curve balls in the draft. i wouldnt be surprised if we picked jake styles form alcorn st. that kid is a beast.lol:hihi:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom