Drafting a QB round 1 (1 Viewer)

saveFerris9

" Still Shaking it boss "
Reaction score
I have been looking at a lot of tape on some of these QB's coming out this year . I just really wanted to look at some of the guys linked to our Saints to get a better idea of there game . I really feel like the guy getting lost in the wash is Jake Fromm , looking at game tape and highlights the kid has tons of NFL potential . It just seems like he has gotten lost in all the hype in some of the other QB's . From what i see he has a better arm than some give him credit for , he has great touch on his passes and uses his arm strength very well , seems to be great at throwing to spots and getting his man open . He has poise in the pocket and keep his eyes down field he gets through his progressions smoothly . Big kid , good instincts , above average arm , success at a big program against elite players , pro style offense and so on . Is this a case of scouts thinking he is at his ceiling now and seeing him as a boring pocket passer and game manager type OB ? Or is it something else ? Their have been alot of prospects thought to be "pro ready " but lacked the wow factor or ceiling scouts wanted so they get lost in the hype of others . What would you guys and gals think of taking him if he falls to us ?

I have been looking at a lot of tape on some of these QB's coming out this year . I just really wanted to look at some of the guys linked to our Saints to get a better idea of there game . I really feel like the guy getting lost in the wash is Jake Fromm , looking at game tape and highlights the kid has tons of NFL potential . It just seems like he has gotten lost in all the hype in some of the other QB's . From what i see he has a better arm than some give him credit for , he has great touch on his passes and uses his arm strength very well , seems to be great at throwing to spots and getting his man open . He has poise in the pocket and keep his eyes down field he gets through his progressions smoothly . Big kid , good instincts , above average arm , success at a big program against elite players , pro style offense and so on . Is this a case of scouts thinking he is at his ceiling now and seeing him as a boring pocket passer and game manager type OB ? Or is it something else ? Their have been alot of prospects thought to be "pro ready " but lacked the wow factor or ceiling scouts wanted so they get lost in the hype of others . What would you guys and gals think of taking him if he falls to us ?
Fromm has a very high floor, IMO. I would rate him behind only Burrow and Tua in this draft. I would not be mad at all if Payton decided to draft him

Fromm has a very high floor, IMO. I would rate him behind only Burrow and Tua in this draft. I would not be mad at all if Payton decided to draft him
It wouldnt surprise me if Payton is talking up other QB prospects with the hope of Teams reaching on some of them ,pushing Fromm down too us

Trying to think back to some of the write-ups I've seen on him. I think the biggest knock if I recall is a lack of down the field passing. Like he rated the lowest in that category of all the draftable QBs. Plusses I can remember are pretty accurate, pretty smart, game manager type QB. Won't go out and throw for 500 and 5, but won't throw 4 picks either.

There's a thread on him. Can't imagine anyone would ever draft him in the 1st round. He's prob a backup in the NFL.

There's a thread on him. Can't imagine anyone would ever draft him in the 1st round. He's prob a backup in the NFL.
Agree with this. The thread title was confusing at first as he doesn't seem to be in anyone's first round conversation.

If anyone can help him it would be Payton. He was never the engine that powered Georgia, it was always their RB’s and defense, Fromm was more of the game manager. I think he has talent but even with the great recruiting Georgia has he had a 63% completion percentage

I just don't think he has enough of an NFL Arm to be anything more than a back-up. His outside the numbers throws just lost steam and started to nose-dive before they could get there. That was one of the main things Scouts were noting about Fromm when he threw at the combine.

I actually think arm strength is the most over-rated aspect about evaluating a Quarterback, but you still need a sufficient amount to complete every throw in the playbook... I think Fromm's high end is maybe an Alex Smith type QB.. and his floor is pretty much Chase Daniel. I wouldn't take him in the 1st round.. in the 3rd? We can start talking.

It's a hard no for me in any round. I watched several Georgia games last year and I never came away thinking that he was a guy I wanted on the Saints.

Of course, I don't want them to draft a QB this year at all. The only ones I would be interested in will either be gone in the first half of the first round (Burrow, Tua) or won't likely make it to pick #88 (Hurts). I wouldn't be mad if the Saints took Hurts at #88, but I would rather they took a different position then. There are guys who will be UDFAs that are perfectly capable of holding a clipboard on Sundays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom