Drafting a QB round 1 (1 Viewer)

Outside of the top 4 I’m waiting. And I’m not even sold on Love or Herbert but could probably live with it if the Saints go that route. Fromm has never impressed me in the 10 or so games I’ve seen him play. He looks like a backup QB. That’s fine for a 4th-7th round pick.

Idk, I just pulled up his tape. Hmm. His throwing motion is awfully familiar. Short, compact, and no wasted motion. I'm not seeing the lack of armstrength that some people are claiming, but I saw a sample of only 30-40 throws. That said, what I did see in that sample was a handful of passes 35+ yards down field. 99% of Brees passes are 35 yards down field or shorter. Just saying.

He looks good. Much better than I was expecting based on some of the comments here.

Is this a case of scouts thinking he is at his ceiling now and seeing him as a boring pocket passer and game manager type OB ? Or is it something else ? Their have been alot of prospects thought to be "pro ready " but lacked the wow factor or ceiling scouts wanted so they get lost in the hype of others . What would you guys and gals think of taking him if he falls to us ?

I've seen signs that Fromm has problems with pressure.

Regressed. Never again looked as good as he did his freshman season when he led Georgia to Championship Game.

Jordan Love is the guy, Payton wanted Mahomes but gets Love 2yrs later and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Starting to see Fromm getting more attention as a late first early second rounder . Mel Kiper who I'm not really a fan of i will admit says he is a second rounder . Some scouts have him sneaking into the late first after his interviews . This does not surprise me because by all accounts , his mental make up and football IQ are impressive . He lacks some athletic ability but in a offense like Sean Payton's that is built on timing he could be a very solid player that has plenty upside to build on . He did loose alot of talent around him last year at RB , WR and OL . I just see a sleeper that fits what our offense has done and frankly i could see Belicheck take him for all the above reasons .

Jordan Love is the guy, Payton wanted Machines but gets Love 2yrs later and the rest is history.
“You can't spend a first-round pick on Jordan Love
I don't believe in Love -- as in Jordan. I wouldn't pick the Utah State quarterback in the first round. As one NFC executive recently told me, ‘There's just too much bad tape.’

After an enticing 2018 campaign, in which Love threw 32 touchdown passes against just eight interceptions, this past season was ... rough. Love's TD passes plummeted to 20, while his picks skyrocketed to an FBS-high 17. Yes, he had to deal with significant roster and coaching turnover before this past season, but still: A true first-round pick shouldn't struggle so much in the Mountain West. Against AP Top 25 teams in his Aggies career, Love went 0-4 with a 4:7 TD-to-INT ratio. I just don't see it.”
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-dont-pass-on-isaiah-simmons-or-derrick-brown

I agree with your assessment of Love, I watched him play because of the hype, and he looked horrible. Maybe he has a rocket arm, but if he can’t dominate against players in his division he will be lost in the pros. Just my two cents

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom