Drafting Next Year (1 Viewer)

As per usual.... we should just make LSU our minor leagues...... homers lol

Too funny. You're fishin' right?

As to the second question, I just can't believe Bowe goes in the 1st. If he had been a little more consistant...More likely he's a late 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I really, really want the Saints to take an impact player on defense with the 1st, preferably MLB or CB, but what do I know. They have a lot of picks to turn up some gems.

I see absolutely no reason for the Saints to go with a WR within the first three rounds. If by some wierd chance we happen to go even on the Offensive side of the ball in rounds one or two, I would HOPE it is for an O-lineman (I have a feeling Stinchcomb is going to test FA). We can pick up a TE in the latter rounds. Obviously we would love to have a true blocking/ball catching TE, but if not....I'd settle for someone who can block like no other and let the balls keep flying to Bush, Colston, Henderson, McAllister, Horn....need I keep going on???

The emphasis in next year's draft is going to have to be on defense. I pray we don't waste a first round pick on a CB or Safety. I'd rather see that go for LB or D-lineman....which we are going to need.

BUT...before the draft even starts, let's pray we can lock up H. Thomas and C. Grant. That, my friends, will leave us with some options on day one. Heck, with the way this staff is drafting athletes and turning them into TRUE NFL caliber players, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing us move from the mid 20's position down to somewhere in the second round and pick up even more picks. We could save ourselves some of that up front signing bonus cash and spend it on a FA or two that has actually earned it....say on a Linebacker in the middle ;)

yep....i think the saints should draft all positions they don't really need....WR in the first....maybe a RB in the second round.....third round, how about a DE???.....

As long as they are from LSU.

As to the second question, I just can't believe Bowe goes in the 1st. If he had been a little more consistant...More likely he's a late 2nd or 3rd rounder.

"My guess is he's coming out," an NFL scout said. "If he does come out, he wouldn't last beyond the middle of the first round. I'm not going to get into any names, but I wouldn't be surprised if as many as four LSU players are taken in the first round."

The names you keep hearing are the Tigers' junior quarterback could be joined by his favorite receiver, senior Dwayne Bowe, senior safety LaRon Landry and junior defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports-27/116452460294990.xml?SPSP&coll=1&thispage=1

Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis. Patrick Willis. That's all we need to target for the first round. He or Paul Puz would make a good first rounder.

The Defensive Tackle class is pretty bad, but I think there is a lot of talent that is going to be pushed into later rounds that would make a good gamble (Justin Harrell, Marcus Thomas). I think this should be our draft plan:

1st Round: LB
2nd Round: LB
3rd Round: DT

In other words - DEFENSE should be the priority. I also would like for us to take another safety. I'm not joking. Eric Wendling would be a heck of a pick up in later rounds. He gets ignored because he plays for Wyoming, but he's a fast, versatile playmaker with good instincts. He suffers a bit in run defense, but I think he's going to be a good player in this league - a lot like Adam Archuleta.

As far as recievers go, I see no reason for us to take any WR in the 1st 4 rounds. Why not just take another chance on a I-AA guy like we did with Colston. Laurent Robinson out of Illinois State, for example, had better #s than Colston as a JR. He's 6'2", a good set of hands, a good route runner and 4.45-4.51 speed. That's a good player that can be had in the 5th-7th rounds. Also another Guard would be nice. Maybe Josh Beekman from Boston College?

This draft is going to be very deep, and taking WR in the 1st 3 rounds not named Calvin Johnson or Ted Ginn Jr. is a waste of a high pick.

rd 1 - CB
rd 2 - LB
rd 3 - CB
rd 4 - LB
rd 5 - BPA
rd 6 - BPA
rd 7 - WR ... heh...

If you are obsessed with taking a LSU guy I would look at Glen Dorsey. I think he may be there when we pick and put him next to Hollis for a couple of years. He would eventually take over for him.

Another guy I would look at is Pat Willis. He would be another imediate upgrade on our defense for many years. Look at the top team in recent years. Most of them have a good defense with a beast in the middle. I believe Willis can be that guy for us.

Bowe I see going 3rd rd. I know Craig Davis' dad through a mutual friend and he said Craig is going around 3rd or 4th.

My God, tell me you are joking. You honestly think Bowe is a third round draft pick?? What games have YOU been watching all year...sheesh.

It really depends on what we do in free agency. If we lock up starters at CB and LB then you have the luxury of going BPA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom