Drafting or signing a kicker? (1 Viewer)

I like them both and feel very confident going into camp with just those two.

Why exactly can't they get it done?

what happened to the rookie kicker we had in training camp this year, i think it was Conner or something. He had a good leg if i remember correctly.

Im sorry guys i misread the stats i think we should keep gramtica but cut olindo heres his stats <table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="evenrow" align="right"><td align="left">Olindo Mare</td> <td>0/0</td> <td>4/5</td> <td>3/4</td> <td>2/3</td> <td>1/5</td> <td>10/17</td> <td>58.8</td> <td>35.0</td> <td>52</td> <td>34/34</td> <td>64</td></tr></tbody></table>

what happened to the rookie kicker we had in training camp this year, i think it was Conner or something. He had a good leg if i remember correctly.

Connor Hughes is who you're thinking of, but I don't think he was in camp last year (at least not in any lengthy serious capacity). Two years ago he made a nice impression though.

Isn't the kicker for the Titians a UFA this year? Rob Baronis (sp?)

Edit:

The Titans have not approached K Rob Bironas yet about a potential contract extension.

Bironas, who's coming off easily the best season of his career, can be a restricted free agent in March. The Titans may decide to tender him at the second-round level rather than lock him up with a lot of guaranteed money.

Last edited:
Isn't the kicker for the Titians a UFA this year? Rob Baronis (sp?)

IIRC he's a RFA. I would be in favor of drafting a kicker (I like Carmody out of Louisville personally) to bolster the position long term. Yea, Mare or Gramatica could probably get us through the season, but I think we should be looking for a guy who can kick for us for years.

The last 2 years I've called for drafting Stephen Gostkowski and Mason Crosby. I'd be in favour of looking at Brandon Coutu

i don't know when the georgia kicker gets drafted but someone will value him higher than we do... also, i was impressed with colt david this year, he seems to have potential and will probably be an ufa (he is a senior, right?)

i don't know when the georgia kicker gets drafted but someone will value him higher than we do... also, i was impressed with colt david this year, he seems to have potential and will probably be an ufa (he is a senior, right?)

Colt David hasn't made a kick over 40 yards I think.

Attachments

• Martin-Gramatica---Jump-SB-XXXVII-6-Photograph-C10108471.jpeg
    Martin-Gramatica---Jump-SB-XXXVII-6-Photograph-C10108471.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2
I think we should draft or sign an ufa kicker... Martin Gramatica and Olindo Marie cant get it dont...

:dunno: ????? :dunno: ????? :dunno: ?????

Uhhh... here are their stats from 2007:

A/M = Attemted/Made

Player 1-19 A/M 20-29 A/M 30-39 A/M 40-49 A/M 50+ A/M
Olindo Mare 0/0 5/4 4/3 3/2 5/1
Martin Gramatica 0/0 0/0 2/2 2/2 1/1

:gosaints:

Keep Gramatica or get Bironas. Both are proven. No rookies, no Mare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom