Drag Queen Story Hour... (2 Viewers)

I'm not gay but I have friends that are gay . I work with people that are gay and have a different lifestyle and I have no issues with it. If anything they are great when you need a opinion on something. It has taught me tolerance. Times change. Society changes.

I'm not gay but I have friends that are gay . I work with people that are gay and have a different lifestyle and I have no issues with it. If anything they are great when you need a opinion on something. It has taught me tolerance. Times change. Society changes.

I guess I was ahead of the times changing Dome lol.
I have never cared about someone’s sexual orientation. I believe it’s becauss I’m secure in who I am. We start to tear down others when we are in a broken state ourselves imo.
I’ve also always appreciated that other people don’t have to share my opinion on something. Not a fan of bigots and boy are they out in numbers. ?

It is more about understanding, acceptance, showing it is okay to be different. Do you have any problems with gays? There is nothing negative about this as Guido has pointed out.

No.. I don;t have a problem with Gays... But I guess it's OK to use Strippers as role models too huh? It's a different lifestyle... Kids need to accept Strippers... It's artistic Expression.. You can make good money... It's a difficult life for them... Kids need to learn to accept Strippers... Maybe they should be Role Models for the kids reading to them at Stripper Story Hour Huh? - NOT

Just because you are a Queer Drag Queen does not make you a Role Model to Children, no more that Being a Stripper makes you a Role Model for Children.'

And supporting it just because it is what it is; is just about as bad...

I have said it all I can say... I rest my case..

The Reason that they ARE role models is because they are Gay.... No other reason... Their website even states this... That's some frocked up shirt...

Honestly, I think you are reading a lot (of what you want) into these quotes and stories you’ve been using. To me, and this is my opinion, I think you are looking for proof instead of answers.

I also disagree with the above statement. Because they say that the role models are queer, gender fluid, whatever, does not mean that they are only role models BECAUSE they are those things.

Is someone who shows bravery, acceptance, pride, and love in the face of so much anger, intolerance, hatred, and self-hatred, not worthy of being considered a role model?

I mean why are firefighters, scientists, and astronauts considered acceptable role models by you? Is it just because they have that job title? Or is it because they typically display bravery, loyalty, progress, etc?

Surely there are young people out there who feel alone, afraid, and perhaps suicidal because of how they identify their gender or sexuality. I think they could definitely see someone who does these readings as a role model.

Forget trying to use a Astronaut, scientist, Cop, Fireman, Soldier, Sailor or even a Teacher as a role Model... No.. Let's use a Drag Queen...

Is anyone stopping them from reading to kids or portraying themselves as role models? Is anyone forcing parents to take their kids to these drag queen story times?

I have to shake my head at our Country's mentality today...

I mean, I don’t exactly think we had the right “mentality” about gender, sexuality, and the rights/treatment of those who identified outside of what was considered “normal”, back in the day either.

I mean why are firefighters, scientists, and astronauts considered acceptable role models by you? Is it just because they have that job title? Or is it because they typically display bravery, loyalty, progress, etc?

Guido would make a good role model because he is a professional at what he does... This is not limited..

Surely there are young people out there who feel alone, afraid, and perhaps suicidal because of how they identify their gender or sexuality. .

Yep.. Looks alone, confused and Suicidal to me... I can definitely see that little girl is having an identity Crisis. Or is that a little boy in a dress? I am not sure anymore...

051218_CH_dragqueenstorytime_04.JPG

Last edited:
Guido would make a good role model because he is a professional at what he does... This is not limited..

Yep.. Looks alone, confused and Suicidal to me... I can definitely see that little girl is having an identity Crisis. Or is that a little boy in a dress? I am not sure anymore...

She doesn’t look terrified either.

Can you say what about this picture scares you so much?

I don’t understand the point of this. Does she represent all young people? Are you denying that there are young people who are going through real emotional termoil and abuse? Heck, for all we know, that little one has an older sibling going through something (or who went through something).

I doubt there will be a ton of pictures of teenagers at these story times, but that doesn’t mean their existence, and the people willing to put themselves out there, won’t be important to those teens (or other age groups). They might also find comfort that young people/future generations will be raised with more awareness, tolerance, and for some, self-acceptance.

In any case, the child hardly seems upset or forced into something.

Last edited:

She looks interested to me. I don't see any fear.

That kid looks like she's watching real life cartoons no different than Santa Claus at the Mall or Disney Princesses.

To see that picture in any other light is a bit odd and if some of your stripper girls decide that they're going to hang out at the library and read books aloud to little kids whose parents bring them for story hour then how is that any of your business or problem?

More importantly, when I was a kid we taught kids to be gender appropriate by dressing them up as cowboys and indians or army men. My friends and I would dramatize war and our santized American history of genocide. We watched TV shows depicting blacks as mindless clowns. There were no minority role models. There were really no female role models and I just don't get your absolute refusal to even consider the opinions of others on this or the other matter you're transfixed by.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom