Drag Queen Story Hour... (1 Viewer)

It's astonishing how many "macho" men basically admit that the thin line that prevented them from kneeling in front of another man's open fly is that they weren't around the "gay stuff" growing up. Or the idea that sexuality is a choice, as if they recall the time in their life when they had to make a decision about being attracted to Ben or Becky and they chose Becky.

It took me a while to accept that most gay people came by their preferences and desires much the same way I did. Of course, the repercussions were much different. I never was much of a bully, but I do feel bad about anybody I treated poorly growing up because they were a bit different.

It took me a while to accept that most gay people came by their preferences and desires much the same way I did. Of course, the repercussions were much different. I never was much of a bully, but I do feel bad about anybody I treated poorly growing up because they were a bit different.

I think a lot of us can relate to that and it's why I think it's important, for all involved, that we do more to teach tolerance and acceptance.

Eventually I began to be more understanding of how something as complex as the human body could be subject to some variations from the earliest stages of development, and it didn't seem so bizarre that the brain might not always match up with the genitals.

Agreed dtc. In fairness though to one of your points there are many many out there, I’d say most, on ‘both’ sides of the spectrum who are bigoted in their views. Absolutely unwilling to see anything other than their view, and whomever doesn’t share said view it’s open season on.

The only person bringing left or right or politics into this discussion is Joe when he rambles on about liberals adn democrats supporting athletes. Otherwise I don't hink it's come up.

The only person bringing left or right or politics into this discussion is Joe when he rambles on about liberals adn democrats supporting athletes. Otherwise I don't hink it's come up.

I haven’t read all of his posts dtc. It’s silly, and will never happen and I realize that...I just wish we ALL could be more open to the POV of those who disagree with us. That’s all I meant by my post. The ‘side’ I fall on for this topic seems to be with the majority. I don’t share Joe’s views on this one. However, I still try my best to be civil to everyone especially if I disagree with them, in all facets of my life. Unless it pertains to outright bullies and people who want to hurt others for daring to have different views. I can’t seem to tolerate those types. So therefore I fail myself in that scenario.

I don’t know Joe, or any of y’all other than on here....and you’ve come across classy and open to dialogue from what I’ve seen....but Joe has been called a closed minded hillbilly by someone on this thread, I know that wouldn’t make me want to keep the dialogue open either. And for the record I don’t see eye to eye with Joe on this one, yet I still wouldn’t resort to name calling and would hope to be offered the same courtesy, when we don’t agree.

Civility. Open minded. The very things people are chastising Joe for not being, seem to be presented very much the other way too, from my point of view. Isn’t acceptance of another’s views a two way street? Should it not be expected to be reciprocated? If Joe is against this, and peacefully voices that, where is the harm? Especially if the very aim of this is to be open minded towards the views of others.

Joe called himself a close minded hillbilly and I agreed. I don't think he would either.

Like 10 year old Drag Queen Desmond is Amazing... Here is the video from the Today show... I am bringing this up for this reason... at the 1:35 mark the question is asked: "When did Desmond start dessing up?" Mother says as soon as he could grab things... The the reporter then says and I quote: "When Desmond was a toddler he used to sit in his mother's lap as she watched Ru Pauls Drag Race, A show about Adult Drag Queens and he was mesmerized."

So this kids Mother would watch shows about Drag Queens as this kid was growing up in her lap and he somehow turned out to be a Drag Queen at the age of 10? Shocked I tell ya.. Shocked... Jus Sayin'' and he openly admits he's gay at 10 years old... BUt again.... It was the association with the mother and her fascination with Drag Queen TV shows I am addressing... Ut I am not saying this is fact or anything.. I am just making a comment here...

Wow.

I haven’t read all of his posts dtc. It’s silly, and will never happen and I realize that...I just wish we ALL could be more open to the POV of those who disagree with us. That’s all I meant by my post. The ‘side’ I fall on for this topic seems to be with the majority. I don’t share Joe’s views on this one. However, I still try my best to be civil to everyone especially if I disagree with them, in all facets of my life. Unless it pertains to outright bullies and people who want to hurt others for daring to have different views. I can’t seem to tolerate those types. So therefore I fail myself in that scenario.

When someone wishes pro athletes would be fired because they kneel during the anthem to protest systemic racism in our legal system because they're disrespecting the military you are being a bully. Bullies get confronted. It's what has to happen to make them stop and I am not one to let a bully do his thing.

When one posts an article about drag queens reading books and goes into a tirade about how it ought not be allowed and how his tax dollars shouldn't afford those "queers" the space to do their thing, it's also bordering real close on bullying and certainly further from your comfort zone and mine than Joe's, correct? Whose place is it to tell parents, kids and drag queens what they can do with their own time at the library and what makes that person think there's anything wrong with gay people or drag queens?

You see, what we're talking about here is Joe's bigotry and lack of civil respect for his fellow Americans. He can couch it in "aw shucks" country boy, but it doesn't fly. It's uncool.

When someone wishes pro athletes would be fired because they kneel during the anthem to protest systemic racism in our legal system because they're disrespecting the military you are being a bully. Bullies get confronted. It's what has to happen to make them stop and I am not one to let a bully do his thing.

Neither am I. As I’ve stated on here. I always have taken up for the bullied.
Heck as platoon leader in basic I didn’t even allow sock parties. Some of the guys weren’t cut out to be a soldier and they cycled out, but I didn’t allow them to be bullied under my watch.

And I served, which I also stated. As did my brother and neither of us have a problem with the protest. And I find it hilarious if any civilian (not pointing at you) ever questions my patriotism or pride especially if they have never served. I agree with all of your points on this topic.

I’m merely stating that it seems to go both ways sometimes, heck a lot of the time from what I’ve seen. Admittedly only on here as I don’t social media. Only now because home healing. It seems that whatever a person’s views we could all do a better job of tolerance and civility as human beings. My exception would be when it comes to extremists on any side. I can’t well tolerate any of them. The world needs more love and acceptance and less close minded hate bigotry and division.

Last edited:
I watched RuPauls Drag Race with my son and daughter both when they were younger. Still waiting for anyone to say how this was going to pollute their minds and give them the gays.

I’m not slamming anyone. I’m simply saying just because someone has a different outlook, career, is a stripper, gay, whatever cannot be a good person. I don’t see where an alternative lifestyle makes someone a bad person, nor someone who goes to church for instance a good role model with no questions asked. My nieces strip, yet if you saw them out of the club you wouldn’t know it, and their kids are great well adjusted kids. That’s what I have an issue with. These guys are not bad people. They are providing a service that you can bring your child to if you want to have a fun time, meet some different people, listen to some stories whatever.

First off dtc... That was the wording that they used on their own website (Queer)... Did you check and see? No.. You didn't..

Here's the link again...Home

I would like to see you link to anywhere on this site that I said that NFL players should be fired... Please.. I will wait...

so you need to start checking some facts before you start spouting your mouth off and posting sheet about people...

It took me about 30 seconds to get to this and I don't even know how to search. God forbid Oye might try to find what you've said.

And, what do you think you've been saying?

Yes, They do. Perhaps more. ANd I am not saying these players do not have the right to protest. Just saying I don't think that they should have the right to protest on their own time and not on National TV or on the Job when 99% of America would be fired for protesting on the job.

This was from your own little self back-patting thread about your love for the anthem which was clearly intended for you to bash the Saints players who kneeled.

First off dtc... That was the wording that they used on their own website (Queer)... Did you check and see? No.. You didn't..

I would like to see you link to anywhere on this site that I said that NFL players should be fired... Please.. I will wait...

so you need to start checking some facts before you start spouting your mouth off and posting shirt about people...

And just another page or two down you're quoting some lawyer telling us it's ok to fire athletes if the employer wants to even though you've been repeatedly informed that the players have contracts which preclude that action.

It's as if you're trying to argue players ought to be fired for not standing, but, of course, you don't care anything about the flag code abuses do you?

And "there you have it" indeed.

And there ya have it boys and girls...

There is no constitutional right to take a knee while you're at work (opinion) - CNN

One often-heard, but inaccurate, refrain among the talking heads was that the athletes had a "legal right" to peacefully protest in football stadiums across the country because the US Constitution guarantees freedom of speech. "It's a free country" this line of thinking goes, and American soldiers have fought and lost their lives to preserve this sacred right.
The fact is, these athletes do not have the "right" to protest at football games unless their employers consent to the conduct. Their private employers have a legal right under the US Constitution to fire or suspend players who engage in acts of protest on the field during the playing of the National Anthem and the display of Old Glory.

As an attorney, I would likely be held in contempt of court if I interrupted my presentation to a judge to protest racial injustice in America by kneeling.

I am afraid that doesn't say anywhere I wanted them fired... But if you look at the dates on that self patting Anthem thread, You will see that some of us loved the Flag and Anthem long before Trump ever took office... Just so you won't go saying it was only because Trump said too or anything...

and that has nothing to do with this thread... But you have thrown insults my way two three times in this thread alone... But I never did the same... just so ya know.

so you need to start checking some facts before you start spouting your mouth off and posting shirt about people...

And then there's this gem of nonsense that seems to believe the reason for football is the flag and that all the oppressed blacks were just happy as clams to celebrate beer and football back during segregation and Jim Crowe when football didn't allow them to play or even attend the colleges where it was played. Oh, that flag didn't even exist when the Bill of R

That is why me, along with so many others are so upset.

That Flag was born and under it was born the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Without that Flag, there are no Saints, no football, no Sundays, no tailgating. That Flag made it happen. It was all of ours as a Nation just a day to relax, have a beer, watch some football and just give other teams fans a hard time. It was all of US Americans together both Black and White our day to leave politics behind and root for our favorite team. It is an All American Game invented here under that Flag...
I am afraid that doesn't say anywhere I wanted them fired... But if you look at the dates on that self patting Anthem thread, You will see that some of us loved the Flag and Anthem long before Trump ever took office... Just so you won't go saying it was only because Trump said too or anything...

and that has nothing to do with this thread... But you have thrown insults my way two three times in this thread alone... But I never did the same... just so ya know.

And I'm going to continue to call you on your BS wherever you post it so maybe quit posting it.

And, btw, what exactly do you think it means when you say you don't think they should have the right to protest when they're on the job and then you follow it up with some gotcha quote from a lawyer? There's more, but it's not worth the time. You have repeatedly gone after the players for their protests. Your longstanding love of the anthem notwithstanding, it seems it's because you miss the whole point of what that flag stands for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom