#DrainTheSwamp (1 Viewer)

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh wait... Nevermind.

Gingrich: Trump doesn't want to 'drain the swamp' anymore | TheHill

Gingrich told NPR's "Morning Edition" that he was told Trump “now says [the phrase] was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”
Gingrich, who has been a close adviser to Trump, said he likes "drain the swamp" because it “vividly illustrates the problem, because all people in this city who are the alligators are going to hate the swamp being drained.”
All those surprised, raise your hands...

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
I don't know how Trumpsters can stay current on all his flip-flops. Must be maddening to not know what you're supposed to be supporting from one day to the next.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I actually respect the honesty on Trump here. Most candidates try and spin their flip flops, Trump just blatantly and repeatedly says "I lied to win, next".

It's kind of refreshing (and I'm not being facetious).

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And Gingrich laying out this bit of preemptive strategy:

Gingrich suggests Trump pardon advisers who break the law
BY JESSIE HELLMANN - 12/19/16 06:33 PM EST

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich suggested that Donald Trump could pardon members of his administration who break the law.

Referring to a law that could prevent Trump from hiring his daughter and son-in-law to serve in his administration, Gingrich said on "The Diane Rehm Show" Monday morning: “In the case of the president, he has a broad ability to organize the White House the way he wants to. He also has, frankly, the power of the pardon."

"It is a totally open power, and he could simply say, 'Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period.' Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority," he said, according to Politico.

[And]

Gingrich also suggested that Congress change ethics laws so Trump can avoid any conflicts of interest that his global business empire may pose.
“We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” he said.

“We’re going to have to think up a whole new approach.”

Gingrich suggests Trump pardon advisers who break the law | TheHill

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess he's just going to be a normal republican after all, plus or minus a few unintentional wars

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Liberal tears are the best
Do you think the concerns and observations being raised are unfair or unwarranted?

If "draining the swamp", "locking her up" and "building the wall" were just campaign devices to help Trump win, and admissions of that are coming from within his own camp, what is misguided in discussing that?

And if it means that Trump is just dishonest like any other politician, isn't that a worthwhile point to be considered for a supposed, and self-billed D.C. change-maker?

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Liberal tears are the best
you've seen fit to weight in - by your post i am led to believe you at least voted for trump are or supporting him now
i've asked this from a few of you and no one seems to want to answer
why is this acceptable behavior for you?
the campaign lies, the inciting violence during rallies, the cozy relationship with Putin, the appeal to rural/rust belt america and the stuffing his cabinet with unqualified white collars, and on and on and on
why/how is any of this cool with you and yours?

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone ever believes campaign promises. If a politician promises something good, its a lie. If they promise something crappy, they are telling the truth.

Trump is no different.

Reaction score
you've seen fit to weight in - by your post i am led to believe you at least voted for trump are or supporting him now
i've asked this from a few of you and no one seems to want to answer
why is this acceptable behavior for you?
the campaign lies, the inciting violence during rallies, the cozy relationship with Putin, the appeal to rural/rust belt america and the stuffing his cabinet with unqualified white collars, and on and on and on
why/how is any of this cool with you and yours?
Especially when the huge knock on Hillary was that she lies...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom