Dream Draft (literally) (1 Viewer)

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So I guess I've been watching just a little too much combine coverage lately...

Because last night I had a dream the draft was here and at pick #15 Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia and Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah where both on the board... These guys as you'll all be well aware where consensus #1 and #2 in almost every early Mock draft due to their collegiate production but many have them sliding to the middle of the 1st as both of them did not participate at the combine due to health concerns. Spinal stenosis and a heart condition respectively.

Anyway we traded back into the first round with St Louis to get pick#16 giving them next years 1st and 2nd and snagged both of these guys!

Then we drafted Baccari Rambo, Safety, Georgia in the 3rd. Traded Chris Ivory to Jets for an early 4th and picked up Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU and then Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi with both 4th round selections.

In the 5th round we took Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin and then in the 6th round we selected Denard Robinson, QB/WR, Michigan and lastly in the 7th round we took Ray Ray Armstrong, Safety, Miami!

I was pretty damn ecstatic and woke up in a haze thinking it was real!!:covri: ... I'm aware we no longer have a 7th round pick but it wouldn't be hard to regain one and aside from that the draft positions for all these guys are pretty much about as realistic as they come!

So it'd look a little something like this

#15) Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
#16) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
#75) Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
#103) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
#106) Jamie Collins, OLB, Southern Mississippi
#138) Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
#170)Denard Robinson, QB/WR, Michigan
7th rd) Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Miami

Man on reflection, what I'd give for this draft! It's absolutely stacked with high ceiling, high motor guys who play with serious swagger!

But yeah I'm not one for posting mock drafts but just thought I'd share this with y'all just in case :hihi:

Some of us dream while awake. :mwink:

But can I blame you Ross for wanting us to get impact players?!

I would absolutely love it. If Lotuleilei can get cleared medically at 16 he would definitely be worth #32 and #64 in 2014.

Did you sleep for 3 days?

I think it's perhaps a lack of sleep that's the root :idunno:, haha

Some of us dream while awake. :mwink:

But can I blame you Ross for wanting us to get impact players?!

:9:

I would absolutely love it. If Lotuleilei can get cleared medically at 16 he would definitely be worth #32 and #64 in 2014.

We're obviously picking 32nd and 64th next year, the rest of the league just doesn't know it yet!

The part where you traded Ivory should have tipped you off that you were dreaming..

You can't trade a free agent.. unless you find a GM who is REALLY stupid. :mwink:

The part where you traded Ivory should have tipped you off that you were dreaming..

You can't trade a free agent.. unless you find a GM who is REALLY stupid. :mwink:

I think we'll sign him to a deal to be perfectly honest.

Ivory is a Restricted FA. So he can be traded and if we tender him where ever he goes they will owe us a draft pick.

Exactly, he'll be tendered a second and then we can negotiate a trade for his rights off the back of it. A 4th rounder sounds about right.

Damn! that draft happens and I would do back flips and eat broken glass.

How'd you think I felt when I realised it was a dream. :covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom