Dream Scenario (Brees GM) (1 Viewer)

Ediddy7023

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees comes back home to take us out of this dumpster fire and accepts the GM position. I know its just a dream but it would be great for our organization. Drew has the drive to win, and he certainly has the work ethic to learn the position! Having played the game, he would know which players are valuable, are expendable, and which players to acquire (free agent, trade, or draft). Gayle could get a team of accountants to help him with the numbers and assist him with negotiations. He would still be the face of our organization. I just don’t see him sitting idle much longer. Certainly he can do better than Elway for the Broncos (or our own GM for that matter).

Brees comes back home to take us out of this dumpster fire and accepts the GM position. I know its just a dream but it would be great for our organization. Drew has the drive to win, and he certainly has the work ethic to learn the position! Having played the game, he would know which players are valuable, are expendable, and which players to acquire (free agent, trade, or draft). Gayle could get a team of accountants to help him with the numbers and assist him with negotiations. He would still be the face of our organization. I just don’t see him sitting idle much longer. Certainly he can do better than Elway for the Broncos (or our own GM for that matter).

We need a GM with football knowledge. Loomis is a numbers guy and even in that department he’s screwed us the last few years. SP and Drew were the reason for our success this past decade. Right now it’s just bad decision after bad decision and ML is responsible for that too. We need to take a leaf out of the 49ers book who have a GM who actually knows how to run a football team. John Lynch is doing a great job and even before him they had a GM who was great They are competitive every year no matter who they have at QB and have done so consistently because their FO is elite and led by someone who knows football. Loomis is a businessman. I’m certainly not saying Drew Brees is the answer of course but at least he knows football.

Last edited:
GM not feeling that. Offensive Coordinator asst I'm feeling that though.

He has no experience in the front office.
This. The only player turned GM that I know of that was successful is Elway and he got his start with the Colorado Arena team for a few seasons.

John Lynch for the 49ers has been undeniably successful.
If I can just add, I do think there is a slight difference when Lynch got hired by the Niners.
Brees getting the GM job in NOLA seems like a “Nostalgia Tour” move.

If I can just add, I do think there is a slight difference when Lynch got hired by the Niners.
Brees getting the GM job in NOLA seems like a “Nostalgia Tour” move.
I absolutely agree with you. In the post I made near the top of the thread I even say Brees would not be the answer as GM.

I do however want a more football guy at GM because I’m ready to move on from ML who is a businessman and blowing on football focused decisions.

Drew Brees is a great athlete with hyper focus on task, supreme confidence and an undeniable work ethic on his craft - but there is no reason to assume that those traits are exportable and adaptable to other endeavors
in fact drew's hyper focus and supreme confidence might be a blocking concern for a GM position - GM's would need to have much more of a global approach - to see many competing and incompatible elements and make them fit together somehow

the world's greatest sushi chef may or may not be that best choice to run a fish import/export business

I do however want a more football guy at GM because I’m ready to move on from ML who is a businessman and blowing on football focused decisions.
can you offer any context or perspective here? 'blowing on football focused decisions' in comparison to whom?
isn't he ranked fairly highly in terms of GMs league-wide?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom