Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons and the other top 5 songs by them, not necessarily in that order (1 Viewer)

I got nothing but respect for Portney, that being said, there were 4 other people that made dream theater what they are, and fans that make Portney the end all and be all of a band arguable made up of 5 of some of the most talented musicians ever shows the narcissism of toxic fandom who they know better from their keyboard warrior chair then creators, producers and performers do.

DT have made 4 amazing albums since Portney quit the band. Portney has band of nobodies with some songs that no one listens too.

Now, my DT top from each album....

When Dream and Day Unite: The Killing Hand
Images and Words: Under a Glass Moon
Awake: Innocence Faded
Falling Into Infinity: Trial of Tears
MP2: Scenes from a Memory: Home
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence: Misunderstood
Train of Thought: Endless Sacrafice
Octavarium: Octavarium
Systematic Chaos: In the Presence of Enemies
Black Clouds and Sliver Linings: The Count of Tuscany
Dramatic Turn of Events: Breaking all Illusions
Dream Theater: Along for the Ride
The Astonishing: A Better Life/Lord Nfaryus/A Savior in the Square
Distance Over Time: Paralyzed

I like some of their stuff (when Portnoy was in the band)...Scenes from a Memory, 6 degrees...(I'm more into the progressive side than metal)....John Petrucci is a great guitar player, love Myung (who is in another band Jelly Jam with Ty Tabor (Kings X) and Rod Morgenstein (Dregs)...if you guys like hard, melodic rock you may want to check them out....

One point, I saw Jordan Rudess open for Blackfield (a Steven Wilson project) like 12 years ago....he played a ton of classical, Genesis, Yes and his own stuff, uber, uber talented and nice guy, maybe one of the most impressive keyboard performances I've ever seen. We saw him outside before the show and chatted for a few minutes....He is criminally underutilized in DT.....IMO.

I like some of their stuff (when Portnoy was in the band)...Scenes from a Memory, 6 degrees...(I'm more into the progressive side than metal)....John Petrucci is a great guitar player, love Myung (who is in another band Jelly Jam with Ty Tabor (Kings X) and Rod Morgenstein (Dregs)...if you guys like hard, melodic rock you may want to check them out....

One point, I saw Jordan Rudess open for Blackfield (a Steven Wilson project) like 12 years ago....he played a ton of classical, Genesis, Yes and his own stuff, uber, uber talented and nice guy, maybe one of the most impressive keyboard performances I've ever seen. We saw him outside before the show and chatted for a few minutes....He is criminally underutilized in DT.....IMO.

Why won't King's X ever play in NOLA? I keep waiting for it.

Why won't King's X ever play in NOLA? I keep waiting for it.

Not sure, they play in the DC area very seldom as well. The last time I saw them was in 2009...they opened for Porcupine Tree at the Rams Head in Baltimore....

Not sure, they play in the DC area very seldom as well. The last time I saw them was in 2009...they opened for Porcupine Tree at the Rams Head in Baltimore....

It's just that they're so close to NOLA so it doesn't make sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom