Saints Drew’s coming back. (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Ok I need some help because I don’t know how to link a tweet to here. But I just saw a tweet from Saintly report with Drew being interviewed from the pro bowl. In the interview he’s talking about ElI retiring and he all but comes out and directly saying he’s coming back. Also I saw earlier where Loomis said Drew could play in New Orleans as long as he wants

My thought has been if you can't find anyone better than Brees to play QB than keep him. Now if N.O gets Burrow then keep Drew for this year and give Joe the keys his 2nd year
As much as I would love to get Joe I don’t think we are going to put all of our chips into getting him. My guess if we draft a QB we may go with Shay Patterson.

I saw his interview. He said his kids certainly want him to come back, but that it would be a family decision and he wants to take weeks, months to make a decision.

As much as I would love to get Joe I don’t think we are going to put all of our chips into getting him. My guess if we draft a QB we may go with Shay Patterson.
Patterson can’t hit water falling out of a boat. A staple of Payton’s offense is accuracy. Patterson and this offense would be a horrible fit.

I’m starting to think he really will be a guy that keeps playing... whether his performance changes or not.
Unless he completely prices himself out of reach, he deserves to lead this team until he decides he is done, Kobe Bryant style. This game is about more than wins and losses. That's my quarterback for as long as he wants to be. He has earned it.

I'd rather an Eli Manning/NYG situation than a Brett Favre/GBP situation. That was ugly. I lived in WI for years and saw firsthand how it divided their fanbase. It's still an issue for some to this day.

Unless he completely prices himself out of reach, he deserves to lead this team until he decides he is done, Kobe Bryant style. This game is about more than wins and losses. That's my quarterback for as long as he wants to be. He has earned it.

I'd rather an Eli Manning/NYG situation than a Brett Favre/GBP situation. That was ugly. I lived in WI for years and saw firsthand how it divided their fanbase. It's still an issue for some to this day.

Yea. I wasn’t trying to imply really my emotions on the idea. Just sayin, it just gives me the impression that he wrestles with the idea of what to do... but he will keep sayin “one more...”

Each fan has to decide if they like it or not.

I just don't think it a good business model, and all sports exist in a what have you done for me lately model. Regardless of the fans, you have to agree GB made the right call.Kobe's body was breaking down, that's why he retired and the Lakers are just now back where the expect to be since he retired. I rather the Saints don't go 5+ years as a non-contender because we waited.

I just don't think it a good business model, and all sports exist in a what have you done for me lately model. Regardless of the fans, you have to agree GB made the right call.Kobe's body was breaking down, that's why he retired and the Lakers are just now back where the expect to be since he retired. I rather the Saints don't go 5+ years as a non-contender because we waited.
I’m a Lakers fan. Kobe is one of my favorites. So it hurts me to say it, keeping Kobe killed the development of the team for a few seasons. They kept him around because he was Kobe and one of the greatest Lakers of all time.
I know it’ll feel terrible to let Brees go, but when it’s time, it’s time.
He’s already played more than 200 games with the Saints.
How many teams can say they had a HOFer play 200 games with them?

I think it would be a huge mistake to allow Drew to stay regardless of his ability as some imply. We need to seriously begin looking at a replacement now.

We all love Hill but let's be serious, what we love about him is the "X" factor that he provides. He hasn't shown anything that says he's a viable long term solution. Besides, we would no longer have our "X" factor. We need to at the very least begin grooming a real replacement.

I just hope that this doesn't get ugly in the end.

I think it would be a huge mistake to allow Drew to stay regardless of his ability as some imply. We need to seriously begin looking at a replacement now.

We all love Hill but let's be serious, what we love about him is the "X" factor that he provides. He hasn't shown anything that says he's a viable long term solution. Besides, we would no longer have our "X" factor. We need to at the very least begin grooming a real replacement.

I just hope that this doesn't get ugly in the end.
At this rate it will and we can also blame Brady. Drew's a great guy but I'm sure he wasn't to thrilled to see his backup going undefeated. Now Brady feels like he wants Drew's TD record in addition to his all those rings before he can retire. So now Drew has to keep playing because the records are all he has without MVPs or another ring.

At this rate it will and we can also blame Brady. Drew's a great guy but I'm sure he wasn't to thrilled to see his backup going undefeated. Now Brady feels like he wants Drew's TD record in addition to his all those rings before he can retire. So now Drew has to keep playing because the records are all he has without MVPs or another ring.
I think you can even blame Brady for the Patriots trading Jimmy G. If they would’ve let Brady go, the Patriots would be set at QB for ANOTHER 10-15 years.

I think you can even blame Brady for the Patriots trading Jimmy G. If they would’ve let Brady go, the Patriots would be set at QB for ANOTHER 10-15 years.
I can thank him for that one, that would've been worse than going from Farve to Rogers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom