Saints Drew’s coming back. (1 Viewer)

We all love Hill but let's be serious, what we love about him is the "X" factor that he provides. He hasn't shown anything that says he's a viable long term solution. Besides, we would no longer have our "X" factor. We need to at the very least begin grooming a real replacement.
Agree 100%. Taysom is like Slash (Kordell Stewart) was for the Steelers. He was phenomenal as their X factor, but when he was given the starting QB job, it didn't work out at all. His talents were wasted being glued to that position. Taysom should remain the Swiss army knife that makes teams have to guess what's coming when he's on the field.

Yea. I wasn’t trying to imply really my emotions on the idea. Just sayin, it just gives me the impression that he wrestles with the idea of what to do... but he will keep sayin “one more...”

Each fan has to decide if they like it or not.
Exactly. I don't expect that everyone will agree with my opinion. I appreciate the Saints and the experience of being a fan of the team for more than just their win-loss record. I will personally be upset if the team forces him out provided that he isn't commanding money that doesn't equate to his performance level. You don't take that approach with this player. Not this one.

Exactly. I don't expect that everyone will agree with my opinion. I appreciate the Saints and the experience of being a fan of the team for more than just their win-loss record. I will personally be upset if the team forces him out provided that he isn't commanding money that doesn't equate to his performance level. You don't take that approach with this player. Not this one.

Whether he prices himself out/retires or not, Brees has to know that the bigger his contract is this season, the less talent he'll end up getting around him. That doesn't just hurt his ability to play, it hurts the team's future with any possible heir apparent..

I’m a Lakers fan. Kobe is one of my favorites. So it hurts me to say it, keeping Kobe killed the development of the team for a few seasons. They kept him around because he was Kobe and one of the greatest Lakers of all time.
I know it’ll feel terrible to let Brees go, but when it’s time, it’s time.
He’s already played more than 200 games with the Saints.
How many teams can say they had a HOFer play 200 games with them?
I can agree that keeping Kobe and taking a chance he would recover from multiple season-ending injuries did not pan out the way the organization had hoped and it probably cost them a couple/few seasons. In the long view, I really don't care. Ten years from now, those "lost seasons" (which were honestly worse than they needed to be because of Jeannie Buss, Magic, Mitch Kupchak, ect) are a distant memory, but I will NEVER forget his farewell season and especially his 60-point walk-off shot in his final game and leaving the floor for the final time as a LAKER. Watching Drew wrap up his career in another uniform at this point is completely unacceptable and both he and the team should make sure that doesn't happen. This is a game of legacy.

I can agree that keeping Kobe and taking a chance he would recover from multiple season-ending injuries did not pan out the way the organization had hoped and it probably cost them a couple/few seasons. In the long view, I really don't care. Ten years from now, those "lost seasons" (which were honestly worse than they needed to be because of Jeannie Buss, Magic, Mitch Kupchak, ect) are a distant memory, but I will NEVER forget his farewell season and especially his 60-point walk-off shot in his final game and leaving the floor for the final time as a LAKER. Watching Drew wrap up his career in another uniform at this point is completely unacceptable and both he and the team should make sure that doesn't happen. This is a game of legacy.
I’d trade Kobe’s final game and farewell season in order for the Lakers to avoid that more than a few years stretch of losing seasons.
It’s never a good time to let go of a HOFer, but it has to be done at some point.

Drew has already come out and said that once he isn't capable of being this team's QB and leader anymore because of limitations from his age that he's going to retire, so I think it'll be as a Saint. I can't see him playing for any other team. Loomis and Payton have come out and said they have confidence in Drew for 2020 (hence why Drew only wants to work on one year deals) and that he's coming off one of his best seasons - which is true.

"When that time comes ....", That's obviously a reference to the not so immediate future.

Yeah I take from that video he is 100% coming back.

I know that will disappoint a great many of you with delusional feelings that either Bridgewater or Hill would serve us better.

He's gonna play at least 2 more years.

Drew has already come out and said that once he isn't capable of being this team's QB and leader anymore because of limitations from his age that he's going to retire, so I think it'll be as a Saint. I can't see him playing for any other team. Loomis and Payton have come out and said they have confidence in Drew for 2020 (hence why Drew only wants to work on one year deals) and that he's coming off one of his best seasons - which is true.
Totally agree, and I don't think Drew will put the team in a bad position. I think when it's time to hang them up, it will be a community decision between Drew, Sean, and Mickey, and it thankfully won't be up to the cutthroat internet wannabe GM's we have have on this board.

There is a saying that you often either let a player go a year too early or a year too late. All I am saying is that in Drew's case, considering what he has meant to the franchise, you let him go a year too late if it comes to that.

Did you guys see him on the sidelines this year when he was out hurt? He was more laser focused than the rest of the team and he wasn't even playing. The dude is a competitor in every sense of the word and he wants to retire on his terms not some one else's. Until then he will always give it his 100%. I do hope to see him back and I know Sean wants him back, despite what everyone on here thinks of him or what he is doing in the draft. If he doesn't break the bank than he will be back.

How many athletes retire on there own without an injury? We can say Eli did the right thing but his team drafted his replacement, so the writing was on the wall. My problem with one year deals is that we add some future cap hit where it forces us to resign him to mitigate the cap hip. If we don't sign him this year, it's a 20 mil cap hit. i don't think Drew will retire until Brady does at this point.

My comments have been directed towards the pivotal moment in which this organization sits. Great, Drew will be back! At what cost... 30 mil? Teddy leaving? Taysom leaving? Maybe an inability to sign our own free agents, let alone to acquire the needed players that could make a difference? I known everyone believes that the Saints will be back to full strength but I believe things are going to be more difficult than expected.

Did you guys see him on the sidelines this year when he was out hurt? He was more laser focused than the rest of the team and he wasn't even playing. The dude is a competitor in every sense of the word and he wants to retire on his terms not some one else's. Until then he will always give it his 100%. I do hope to see him back and I know Sean wants him back, despite what everyone on here thinks of him or what he is doing in the draft. If he doesn't break the bank than he will be back.
Absolutely.

He is nowhere near wanting to retire.

Add to the fact that his kids want him to play forever.

Y'all better get used to the idea that this old man is going to be toting the rock for a while longer.

Absolutely.

He is nowhere near wanting to retire.

Add to the fact that his kids want him to play forever.

Y'all better get used to the idea that this old man is going to be toting the rock for a while longer.

Well his wife too I am sure she wants him to keep playing the only issue as far as family matters and you know it is big part of Brees's life obviously is his family, is missing his kids birthdays and watching them grow up during away games that can have an affect and probably the largest issue that he faces.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom