Drew’s decision could be coming within the next month [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Why is everyone assuming Hill is the future? Isn’t TB5 in his mid-20’s?
I just don't see how Loomis can sign both Teddy and Drew to new deals, sign FA like Klein and Bell, and still have cap space to sign the drafted rookies. Either Teddy or Drew returns but I highly doubt both.

One more year. Farewell tour. Dare the refs to ruin it.

Drew was the best QB in the NFC over the month of December. He can’t throw it deep at all, but if we ran the ball more - particularly with Murray as a bruiser - we wouldn’t miss that so much.

No way Brees retires before Brady...

Once Drew is gone it would only take one more season for Brady to get every record Drew owns now

so those two will battle each other until a career ending injury to one of them happens

I just don't see how Loomis can sign both Teddy and Drew to new deals, sign FA like Klein and Bell, and still have cap space to sign the drafted rookies. Either Teddy or Drew returns but I highly doubt both.
I understand that, but I think TB only leaves if there’s a situation too good to pass up. TB has already shown that he’s willing to take back-up money and stay in a really good environment and not chase dollars and get killed playing the dolphins or teams in similar situations

That's because he won't sign both Brees and Bridgewater.

Bridgewater is going up be making serious money elsewhere.

We scored 22.3 points per game during this stretch with Bridgewater.

We averaged 32.4 ppg with Brees.

I hope you can see a difference.

Context is important. The schedule was DEFINITELY easier with Brees than Bridgewater. There is no guarentee that Brees does even as well as Bridgewater against the Cowboys (where he struggled significantly last year). The Saints went ULTRA conservative against the Jaguars because they knew that they didn't have to do much on offense to win the game...and I think that losing Kamara played a decent part of that. The other three games? Bridgewater was about as good as you hope your QB could be.

They will by drafting a QB.
I think the course of action which makes the most sense is this: 1) Sign Drew to a 1 year deal 2) Sign Taysom Hill to a 3-4 year contract 3) draft a QB. This allows Teddy to sign a big contract somewhere else, still have continuity within the Saints locker room, and possibly see what the Saints have in Taysom and/or a promising young QB that they can draft.

If Drew decides to retire then you sign Teddy to a long term deal along with Taysom Hill (working out the price point will be very interesting). Possibly draft a QB as well but who knows.

Did I see Drew talking to TB on the sidelines during the pro bowl?

Anyone else think that the fact that Drew says he has to think about playing/retiring is a sign that someone like him who is a beastly competitor is unlikely to return to playing?

I feel his competitiveness will make him want to come back. Have to stay ahead of Tom Brady in some of those records that Drew holds ?. Who Dat!?

I feel his competitiveness will make him want to come back. Have to stay ahead of Tom Brady in some of those records that Drew holds ?. Who Dat!?
The thrill is the chase to set records and be able to say you did what nobody else did before you. Records will always be beaten but he will always be able to say he broke records.

Will Kobe and Gianna’s death feed the argument for retirement? He’d have a lot more time with family as a broadcaster than he’s ever had.

Will Kobe and Gianna’s death feed the argument for retirement? He’d have a lot more time with family as a broadcaster than he’s ever had.

I thought the same exact thing. Before this week I would've said that there was a 95% chance that Brees was coming back. However the tragedy that happened to Kobe and his daughter along with the other families involved...might put things in perspective. I honestly thing it may be a 50/50 thing now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom