Drew addresses Trump (1 Viewer)

All is good in the world tonight. Lord knows something will screw it up tomorrow...

If Drew and SP do what I suspect they will do about this injustice, they will take the lead league in promoting healing causes along with actions. The result could be a very tight locker room.

You don’t think it’s possible that people Drew values in his life got him to genuinely reconsider his view? You’re going to insist that this redirection Drew has taken is purely to defuse the criticism and controversy - basically that he’s just lying to the world and those people he values to make them think he’s had a change of heart but really nothing has changed?

That’s actually the most disrespectful Drew Brees take I’ve heard yet.

This is exactly how I see it...Am I the only person that thinks the reason his teammates response was so honest (and fierce) was because of the amount of respect they had for him in the first place?

I really don't think it is fake at all, in fact I think it is one of the more honest and important exchanges about race relations that has occurred in a long time....

My guess one possible alternative agenda is politics, as in removing Trump from office. And that’s fine as long as people are honest about it. I’ve heard it said multiple times that it’s not about politics, but I believe to some it is. And I see you’re comments above, but not many are willing to label the movement as political.

A broader example is Antifa. They don’t give a damn about George Floyd but are using his death to push their agenda.

Fighting back against racism is actually a core belief for people who are anti-fascist (Antifa).

I do agree with you that the backlash against Brees has been unfair. Not in terms of how tone deaf his position had been, but against the man he's shown himself to be after two decades in the spotlight.

I think Brees can become a symbol of something that has to be important in how we move forward: Pushing for change only succeeds if people are given the chance to do so, and not rejected when they start taking those steps.

After a night of thought I think that’s time for me to step away for a while. I think that everyone needs to do what they need to do to keep themselves and their families safe and well right now. Unfortunately the NFL is currently a net negative in my life. I’ll return when I think it helps more than hurts. ❤️

Easy,look up the Articles of the flag, I guarantee you will not find anywhere that it says kneeling is disrespecting the flag. What it does say is you can’t where the flag is clothing and you can’t have the flag print it out and throw away materials like paper plates and cups. just around the corner is the Fourth of July, Count how many times you see people disrespecting the flag on that day, how outraged will you be?

For clarification purposes only, the "rules" for the National Anthem are described below:

36 U.S. Code § 301. National anthem

(a) Designation. — The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b) Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—

(1) when the flag is displayed—

(A)
individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;

(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and

(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

(Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

As I said, for clarification purposes only.

I think good will come out of it. Even if drew loses some fans because of everything, history will be kind to this whole situation especially if he shows more change through his action. It will go down in history as how growth and more education and change can be accomplished and our team will be the symbol of it. This moment in time is making me the proudest I have ever been to be a New Orleans Saints fan. And this team, even if they never win a Super Bowl (though it would be nice to win one this season lol), may go down as my absolute favorite Saints team of all time. They are invoking change and setting example. I’m very proud of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom