Drew as QB coach? (1 Viewer)

I guarantee you that his NBC contract pays more than most head coaches.

Brees laughs at your QB coach position.

If Brees ever goes into coaching, it's straight offensive coordinator or even Head Coach status.

The fact that Josh McCown is getting a HC interview means if Peyton, Brees, Tom, etc. ever want to go to coaching they aren't waiting to "pay their dues" lol.

Hall of fame quarterbacks don’t have to coach. They go talk on tv for millions then spend the rest of the week with their families. You never hear “Dan Marino quarterback coach.” Or “Steve Young quarterback coach.” It’s always Doug Nusmeier and Ken Dorsey types.

Hall of fame quarterbacks don’t have to coach. They go talk on tv for millions then spend the rest of the week with their families. You never hear “Dan Marino quarterback coach.” Or “Steve Young quarterback coach.” It’s always Doug Nusmeier and Ken Dorsey types.
I liked Joe Montana. But, you don’t hear about him today. He has fallen off the radar.

we've talked about this a few times - there are very few elite athletes who make the transition to coaching
mostly, it seems, because they just 'have it'
highly unlikely that Drew could impart what makes him great to up and coming QBs
the best coaches seem to be players who had a modicum of ability and had to out-think others to stay on the team (like Sean)

He is getting like 17 mil to do the TV gig. And his wife does not like New Orleans anyway. So if she does not have to be here and Drew has his TV gig, she is good! Drew going to TV.

we've talked about this a few times - there are very few elite athletes who make the transition to coaching
mostly, it seems, because they just 'have it'
highly unlikely that Drew could impart what makes him great to up and coming QBs
the best coaches seem to be players who had a modicum of ability and had to out-think others to stay on the team (like Sean)

While I cant say I disagree with this, I think the bigger reason is bc they have better opportunities were they can make a lot more money and spend a lot more time with their families. Its a Win/Win for them.

It just doesn't make logical sense for them

I could see Drew coaching eventually, but I think he gives the NBC deal a good honest try first. As others have said, it's generally more money for less work. More family time (although I'm not sure how true that is if he's going to be calling Notre Dame games), and less stressful. That being said Drew is a very competitive and ambitious person, and if he can't learn to live with no longer competing in some way, especially at the highest level) then I think he might decide to try his hand at coaching whether that be at the NFL or College level is another story but again it's all certainly a possibility. I just don't think it's the first thing he does.

Most star players do not coach.

Here’s another good example of a qb coach...Charlie Frye. Nobody wants to see him on TV...so he coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom