Drew Brees’ record and career stands on its own. There’s no need for debate. (1 Viewer)

• Admin
bawalsh.png

By Brian Allee Walsh - Special to the Sun Herald

NEW ORLEANS
I was not surprised by Drew Brees’ superlative performance on a national stage Monday night against the Washington Redskins at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.

Were you?

He is NFL quarterback par excellence.

Oh, he’s human, and he makes mistakes, but few NFL quarterbacks have done it better this century.

Period.

End of story.

So, the fact that Brees completed 26 of 29 passes for 363 yards and three touchdowns for a gaudy 153.2 passer rating in Monday night’s 43-19 win against the Redskins did not surprise me. Nor was I surprised that on this night he needed less than a half to throw for 201 yards and eclipse Peyton Manning and Brett Favre as the league’s all-time passing yardage leader. ...

After watching Brees the past 13 years, since he dropped in the lap of the New Orleans Saints with a bum throwing shoulder and a huge chip on the other, one has come to expect a consummate professional, a leader of men who makes good in-game decisions, delivers the ball with pinpoint accuracy and piles up points and yards with alarming regularity.

Full Story - The Sun Herald

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom