Drew Brees - 2010 SI Sportsman of the Year (1 Viewer)

That would explain why the media was at Lusher this morning when I dropped my son off. They told the kids that some big announcement was going to be made this morning, and the scoreboard at Brees Field was lit up with all 9's.

My sister called me early this morning about it; her son goes to Lusher. She sent him in his Saints jersey and he was carrying a Sharpie. :D

Mods, may I suggest that the title be changed to reflect that this has now been confirmed? This is a pretty huge honor shared with players like Montana, Bradshaw, and Brady. It seems surreal after all these years to have a player of this caliber representing our team.

What a huge honor. Take some time to look through the SI website, they have a nice little video (link is on page 1 of this thread) as well as a photo gallery for Drew and a photo gallery of all 57 past winners' covers. This is a pretty big deal for Drew and the Saints as an organization. It is surreal, indeed, as Jonesy said.

Mods, may I suggest that the title be changed to reflect that this has now been confirmed? This is a pretty huge honor shared with players like Montana, Bradshaw, and Brady. It seems surreal after all these years to have a player of this caliber representing our team.

The title should be ok Jonesy. I removed the "rumor" part of the post.

Thanks

Finally an issue of SI that I'll actually read. I won't be ordering the Super Bowl pack from them next time we win.

brees1.jpg

Do you realize that if the Saints hadn't smacked down the Vikings in the NFCC game, this award would have probably gone to media whore Favre?

I had no idea so much was at stake in that game :)

Drew was on Good Morning America this morning to talk about the award. They read an excerpt from his book.

Man we are lucky to have this guy...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom