Drew Brees - 2010 SI Sportsman of the Year (1 Viewer)

MUNCH

Reaction score
as per Kaare Johnson on 690.

This is a huge for Drew and the Saints organization.

Last edited:
I was hoping King's "big news" was going to be something in the way of an extension for Brees... or PT's return to health, ect...

Winning the SOTY from a dying and obsolete magazine doesn't do anything for me. meh...

Whoever it is (and I think it is Brees) it will be revealed tomorrow morning

For all you Sportsman zealots, SI's annual honoree will be revealed Tuesday at 7:50 am on NBC @TodayShow. Will it be an NFL player? Tune in.

I was hoping King's "big news" was going to be something in the way of an extension for Brees... or PT's return to health, ect...

Winning the SOTY from a dying and obsolete magazine doesn't do anything for me. meh...

It's a big honor from people who are still considered to be leading sports journalists.

Congrats if true! He got screwed if it isn't.

Doesn't do anything for me either because I'm sitting on my butt typing about it on a fan message board but if I were up for the award, I'd be honored beyond belief. Congrats to Drew!!

This feels like a tease. :hihi:
I don't feel right getting excited until it is confirmed.
I do hope it is him though!

Ill be very surprised if this is true. As I recall Peter King proposed Kurt Warner this year (last year he made the case for Brees). I thought there was one candidate for each sport.

A friend of mine is a teacher at a Northshore school where he visited. She said there was a Sports Illustrated reporter following Brees that interviewed the teachers involved in the event.
Everything she said sounded like something related to this. Can't wait to hear the news. He deserves it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom