Drew Brees about to hit some personal bests... (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
1) 66.6% is his career high completion percentage
2) He is 113 yards shy of his career best in yards (San Diego 2005)
3) He is 8 TD's behind his personal best (2004)

From Yahoo Fantasy Football notes and updates.

:rock:

TPS

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm.............it's too bad we picked him instead of Culpepper with that bad arm and all.

GEAUX BREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infoman

Towelie / Marsh 2020
Reaction score
1) 66.6% is his career high completion percentage
2) He is 113 yards shy of his career best in yards (San Diego 2005)
3) He is 8 TD's behind his personal best (2004)

From Yahoo Fantasy Football notes and updates.

:rock:

TPS

With 5 games yet to play... he will break his personal best in yards by next week with 4 games to play... and his his personal best in TD's the following week in Dallas with 3 games to play.

Nice!

Saint Tex

Delvin, Bro
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. And they called his success in San Diego a product of the system. Coming to New Orleans has let him prove how good he is.

Wahoo

miles away
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was about to start another thread, but what I was going to post should go fine here. Was going through the NFL play-by-play for the Atlanta game, and found something interesting. Drew attempted 31 passes, which targeted nine different receivers. No receiver had more than 5 targets, but 8 had at least 3 targets. Talk about spreading the ball around evenly!

Passing targets (Saints at Atlanta):
Henderson 5
Horn 5
Bush 4
Campbell 4
Copper 3
Karney 3
McAllister 3
Miller 3
Conwell 1

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
TMI........no just kidding. I love a good distribution of the ball cause it keeps the D from keying on just one or two guys. You never know where it's going.

ThaMain1

Crash and Dash
Reaction score
I was about to start another thread, but what I was going to post should go fine here. Was going through the NFL play-by-play for the Atlanta game, and found something interesting. Drew attempted 31 passes, which targeted nine different receivers. No receiver had more than 5 targets, but 8 had at least 3 targets. Talk about spreading the ball around evenly!

Henderson 5
Horn 5
Bush 4
Campbell 4
Copper 3
Karney 3
McAllister 3
Miller 3
Conwell 1
This is where Brees is more Bradyesque. He favors no one receiver and keeps the D wondering where he will go next. I hope he also knocks down Marino's record and makes this year a NFL best.

God I wish we would have gone with Culpepper think of where we might be right now!!!! j/k

Geaux Brees and Geaux Saints!!!!!!!!!

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. And they called his success in San Diego a product of the system. Coming to New Orleans has let him prove how good he is.
If anything I think not having good WR's was limiting him in San Dog. Also, on a team with LT he wasn't expected to shoulder the load. Here he's having the oppurtunity to prove he can be "The Man".

savannahsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully you can add Colston to that distribution list after the 9er game...

He's good for at lest 8 receptions and a least one TD.

st.randy

otis
Reaction score

Henderson 5
Horn 5
Bush 4
Campbell 4
Copper 3
Karney 3
McAllister 3
Miller 3
Conwell 1

Well, in the true interest of balance. I am considering a thread stating that the saints will lose if Brees doesn't get more balls to Karney, Copper, McAllister, Miller and Conwell more. /off

I do love the way he is playing.....and all of this is evidence to why. he distributes the ball, but more importantly......he has everyone on the squad selling out for him. The team is 100% behind Brees and he is returning the love.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Empty stadiums may make the hard count more effective for veteran QBs like Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints a good bet in Las Vegas on Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Tom Brady finish 1st showdown as divisional foes seeking more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bigcarlittlewill Drew Brees licked his fingers 66 times or more last night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Watch: On Drew Brees' day, Demario Davis' contract, Jenkins' pick-six, more as Saints beat Bucs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees Postgame After Week 1 Win vs. Buccaneers | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees breaks Brett Favre's career passing attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees breaks career pass attempts record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
If Drew Brees retired this offseason, the Saints' plan was to pursue Tom Brady: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bucs' Tom Brady vs. Saints' Drew Brees is QB matchup for the ages Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees thought 2017 was going to be his final season. Then he started having fun again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees New Orleans Saints Swing Vote Series Bobblehead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will Drew Brees go deep? And will Cam Jordan finally get his due? Top Saints storylines Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans' Drew Brees, Tampa Bay's Tom Brady provide historic backdrop to regular-season opener SR News Page Articles 0
Walker: It's now or never for Drew Brees in his relentless quest for second Super Bowl ring Saints RSS News Feeds 2
Battle of the GOATs? Why Tom Brady-Drew Brees matchup is like nothing we've seen before Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Drew Brees 'on borrowed time' as Saints enter Super Bowl-or-bust season SR News Page Articles 0
Interview with the Enemy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope a young and improved secondary give troubles for Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees: “I’m on borrowed time” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees on playing Tom Brady: 'I've got nothing to lose. I'm turning it loose.' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brett Favre on Drew Brees’s 2020 season: I think it’s his last season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 2020 season preview: Can Drew Brees & Co. finally thrive in January? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
superchuck500 Nice new piece from Luke Johnson (Advocate) on Sean/Drew relationship Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
superchuck500 Will Drew lick his fingers? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 23
jasonsw Saints This article is a slap in the face of Drew. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 22
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DomePatrol2005 Yahoo article throws some shade Brees way Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 54
Barnwell: Handing out 13 QB awards for Week 1, from Brady and Brees to Burrow and Wentz Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Brees 1 - Brady 0 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Brees was subpar Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 43
NOLAJM504 Brees long-ball, is it low-key back? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 53
Brees' latest NFL record: Career pass attempts Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Brees-Brady: There will only Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Sources: Brees planned to retire, changed mind Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sources: Saints wanted Brady if Brees retired Saints RSS News Feeds 0
This is 40: Brady vs. Brees adds to unique list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Would Brees depart Saints like Brady to Bucs? He'll 'finish right here,' Archie Manning says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
QB Brees 'on borrowed time,' echoes SB or bust Saints RSS News Feeds 0