Drew Brees adjusted completion % (1 Viewer)

Does his interceptions get reduced for balls that were catchable, but were tipped in the air for the other team to intercept? If they are adjusting, why not fix his interceptions that shouldn't have been?

Anyway, sorry for my rant, but he owns the records regardless of the adjustment so it's stupid if they don't remove the interceptions that were obviously catchable...

Does his interceptions get reduced for balls that were catchable, but were tipped in the air for the other team to intercept? If they are adjusting, why not fix his interceptions that shouldn't have been?

Anyway, sorry for my rant, but he owns the records regardless of the adjustment so it's stupid if they don't remove the interceptions that were obviously catchable...

That's sort of a sore spot with me. I'll bet I've seen 10 perfect Brees passes picked off because the receiver muffed it.

I like the way MLB does it. If an error is made, they don't really name the error specifically, they just call it an "error". The best thing is, they charge the error to the right person.

I would guess it's any catchable ball that wasn't caught.

And I do believe things like clocking the ball is removed as well. And intentionally throwing the ball away or into the ground (like he commonly does on failed screen plays). Tipped passes as well.

So it comes down to passes he actually attempted to complete and that weren't tipped at the LOS.

I found the formula and I only missed on passes affected by the pass rush (being hit while throwing).

(Completions + Drops) / (Pass Attempts – Spikes – Throwaways – Batted Balls – Balls disrupted by a QB hit)

Last edited:
That's sort of a sore spot with me. I'll bet I've seen 10 perfect Brees passes picked off because the receiver muffed it.

I like the way MLB does it. If an error is made, they don't really name the error specifically, they just call it an "error". The best thing is, they charge the error to the right person.
First drive of the regular season game against the Rams in 19. The one in which he later broke his thumb. Huge drop by Cook

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom