Drew Brees, All-Time Greatest Saints Quarterback? Vote (1 Viewer)

The timing on this poll is impeccable! :9:

no question about it.

we may never get another quarterback as incredible as Mr. Breesus.

If we had this exact same team with Archie as the QB would he be as good as Breesus?
I really don't think he would be.... dont get me wrong he'd be good but not Breesus good!

it isn't even debatable

It looks like 87% of voters agree with you. I wonder what the 13% who don't believe he's already done enough, are thinking?

The only QB to lead us to a NFCCG...
The most accurate Saints QB ever...
The only Saints QB to lead a top 2 offense in his first three years as a Saint (twice #1 and once #2)...

Just curious? :idunno:

I still think it's Aaaron Brooks. No one has ever passed the ball backwards with such style. And who can forget those infectious grins after he turned the ball over.

It looks like 87% of voters agree with you. I wonder what the 13% who don't believe he's already done enough, are thinking?

The only QB to lead us to a NFCCG...
The most accurate Saints QB ever...
The only Saints QB to lead a top 2 offense in his first three years as a Saint (twice #1 and once #2)...

Just curious? :idunno:

IMHO, the only debate is b/t Drew and Archie. I understand peoples' opinions on why Bobby and/or Aaron should be considered '#2' behind Drew, I just don't agree w/ them. To each their own, eh?

I've never cared for polls like this b/c it's so applies to oranges. The game is so different compared to Archie's day.

It would be interesting to put Archie 'Crazy Legs' Manning in his prime on this particular Saints team, b/c Archie was a pretty good scrambler (in addition to being a great overall QB). I don't think anyone views Drew as a threat w/ his legs (though obviously he doesn't need to be). Also, I don't know if Drew would've fared well behind the O-lines that Archie suffered through.

In any event, ultimately, it doesn't matter. We've got the best QB in the league right now who, JUST AS IMPORTANTLY, is also on very good NFL team overall.

Drew Brees will be the pro football hall of fame one day and he will go in as a Saint.
Archie Manning was talented but with out his progeny I doubt he would be respected anywhere close to where he is on a national scale. Brees may be the best or at least in the top thee of free agent signings in NFL history. He was hurting, we were hurting and we have rejuvinated together. He may not have started out as a Saint, but Phillip Rivers' place in Chargers history will allow the Saints to claim Brees as an all time Saint. To question Brees' status on top the list of all time Saints players in my opinion can only be compared to Willie Roaf and Rickey Jackson, to entertain the notion of comparing Brees to any of the other qb's in our franchise's history is for the most part a homer argument for local flavor and nostalgia.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom