Drew Brees' assault on the 80,000 yard passing mark (2 Viewers)

Why all the whining about the "Numbers not SuperBowls"?
31 + QB's are disappointed every year. Most Qb's will never smell Bree's #'s. Is that something to be P'Oed off about.
He's been the BEST performing QB since becoming a Saint! Better PLAYER than anybody in the game. He's brought numerous winning seasons, playoff appearances, div titles & a SuperBowl! He's carried this team almost every year. He's watched the D blow his herculean efforts in the late 4th - 44 times! More than double the next closest QB. Almost inhuman in consistency, the very definition of over achiever!

Maybe kick back & enjoy the brilliance of a SAINT'S QB & the achievements of a stellar player & human(though that doesn't matter on the field, just a BIG bonus)!

Whining about the play of 1 of the BEST QB's in history, coming from a Saint's fan...the irony is delicious.
Remember Charlton Heston was better than some of our QB's on the field game day, before Brees.

Why all the whining about the "Numbers not SuperBowls"?
31 + QB's are disappointed every year. Most Qb's will never smell Bree's #'s. Is that something to be P'Oed off about.
He's been the BEST performing QB since becoming a Saint! Better PLAYER than anybody in the game. He's brought numerous winning seasons, playoff appearances, div titles & a SuperBowl! He's carried this team almost every year. He's watched the D blow his herculean efforts in the late 4th - 44 times! More than double the next closest QB. Almost inhuman in consistency, the very definition of over achiever!

Maybe kick back & enjoy the brilliance of a SAINT'S QB & the achievements of a stellar player & human(though that doesn't matter on the field, just a BIG bonus)!

Whining about the play of 1 of the BEST QB's in history, coming from a Saint's fan...the irony is delicious.
Remember Charlton Heston was better than some of our QB's on the field game day, before Brees.
Meh, I really wanted him to force his way into the top 3 of his peers: Brady, and Manning, and another ring is his only way in that discussion. I know people keep talking about our window but the last 3 years of playoff disappointment have lowered my expectations. After 10 years I'm starting to understand how difficult it is to win another ring.

Projected game 10 of the 2020 season.

Random observation about his passing yards that shows how biased ESPN can be. I caught the announcement while at lunch and they were showing all-time stats. Instead of just showing passing yards and Brees #1, they used a chart for "passing yards with a single team" just so they could be put Brady 1st.

To put things into perspective, it would take Russell Wilson 10 seasons of averaging 5K per season to break Brees' record. Stafford could do it as well if he averaged over 4K per season for another 10 seasons.

These stats are not for current fans, they are for future fans and for the history of the game.

Random observation about his passing yards that shows how biased ESPN can be. I caught the announcement while at lunch and they were showing all-time stats. Instead of just showing passing yards and Brees #1, they used a chart for "passing yards with a single team" just so they could be put Brady 1st.

Did they say with one team and an asterisk?

Yeah... it’s incredible and all, but is it incredible enough to be on the NFL All 100 team???? Nah....
Yeah complete B.S. He wasn't on the top 100 list. I respect the old timers but come on.

To put things into perspective, it would take Russell Wilson 10 seasons of averaging 5K per season to break Brees' record. Stafford could do it as well if he averaged over 4K per season for another 10 seasons.

These stats are not for current fans, they are for future fans and for the history of the game.
Great post. Amazing the evolution of football. When I first watched in 1990 Fran Tarkentons numbers were the Gold standard. Then Dan Marinos career passing yards and Tds were thought to be unbreakable at the time. Favre smashed the TD record. Then came Manning. Now there is Brees.

Who will be the next to break his records who knows. As it stands right now his numbers are Ruthian. It'll take a Hank Aaron effort over 20 something years to break Drew's records

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom