Drew Brees completed 9 'tight window' throws today (2 Viewers)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
No QB has had more than 6 in a single game this season.

9-12 121 yards 2 TDs 146.2 QB rating

I'm pretty sure one of the incomplete passes was the drop by Kirkwood before the Kamara touchdown pass.

Courtesy of Nextgen stats.

Yeesh.

Another one was the 3rd down where Hill stopped short of the hole in the zone over the middle. If Hill keeps going, that’s another completion.

God I’m glad this thread came up
Yes brees was being super aggressive with his throws
It almost seemed like he was teaching the WRs something or trying to stress some point to them
He was also a touch long in his passes in the 1st Q

Yeesh.

Another one was the 3rd down where Hill stopped short of the hole in the zone over the middle. If Hill keeps going, that’s another completion.
Taysom Hill (not sure which Hill you are referring to) also ran a poor route causing him to slow down on a pass into the endzone that was probably perfectly thrown had he not slowed down.

Taysom Hill has been magnificent for us this year, but has such a long way to go to become an effective receiver.

I was concerned early in the game because he was missing throws he usually makes. But then he turned that game into a highlight reel.

It almost seemed like he was teaching the WRs something or trying to stress some point to them
This is EXACTLY what I thought. It was like he was challenging guys in the receiving crew. Right?

Taysom Hill (not sure which Hill you are referring to) also ran a poor route causing him to slow down on a pass into the endzone that was probably perfectly thrown had he not slowed down.

Taysom Hill has been magnificent for us this year, but has such a long way to go to become an effective receiver.

Yeah, I meant Josh on that play. But you’re right overall on Taysom.

Thankfully, between Kirkwood, Tre’Quan, Carr and now Marshall, it looks like we’re building some depth there until Ginn comes back.

I was concerned early in the game because he was missing throws he usually makes. But then he turned that game into a highlight reel.
After a slow start, Brees went 16-20 298 yds, 3 TDs, a perfect QB rating of 158.3. One of those incomplete passes was a drop by Kirkwood.

Eagles were playing man all game, and they were playing it well for a large part of the game. But Brees decided to show the Eagles (the NFL, really) why teams are playing zone against him.... because he's still the most accurate QB in the league and man coverage isn't going to break up a perfect pass.

Some of those throws went into holes that had maybe 1" for error. I don't know how you stop this passing attack unless you can somehow disrupt his passing motion. Because getting to breathing distance of him is simply not enough.

Eagles were playing man all game, and they were playing it well for a large part of the game. But Brees decided to show the Eagles (the NFL, really) why teams are playing zone against him.... because he's still the most accurate QB in the league and man coverage isn't going to break up a perfect pass.

Some of those throws went into holes that had maybe 1" for error. I don't know how you stop this passing attack unless you can somehow disrupt his passing motion. Because getting to breathing distance of him is simply not enough.
The way to stop him is the way to stop Roethlisberger (but for an entirely different reason): tackle the throwing arm.

Fortunately, that is far easier said than done.

I honestly felt bad for Jenkins on that TD pass to Kamara. The only defense for a pass like that is pass interference.

have to say, the throws he made, damn man! NO ROOM FOR ERROR. Total confidence tonight and just another example why he is a true MVP.

as good as KC is, there is no one close to how Brees orchestrates an attack playby play. this is missed because its so easy on Brees, but he changes the play ALOT of the time and typically it results in a huge Saints gain. He has absolute control of the offense as he scores. that one pass to thomas didnt even look fair! but that is the clip he is playing at. No one is in his ear like Mahomes

Yeah, you can almost hear some receiver trying to explain to Drew why he didn't go 'all out' on a route...
"Well, I would have gone after that pass, but I was surrounded by defenders."
Drew probably replied, "From now on, you just put your hands up to catch the ball. It'll be there!"

And they have been! :9:

Yeah, that is what is scary. Despite him still putting up crazy numbers, I thought he was slightly off. Not much, but just by inches. I thought the receivers made some unbelievable catches that frankly should have been picked off. It's hard to believe. That kind of game and Drew was off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom